We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

COLD next week

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
71 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
COLD next week

Just my luck, it's been in the 40's but will dip down to the 20's next week on my vacation. How uncomortable will that make walking around and sighseeing? I have a walking tour on Tuesday and I know they won't cancel it... but will the cold temperature make it unbareable?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
71 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
61. Re: COLD next week

Took it slow today. Legs were killing me from that 6hr tour that I took yesterday. Got a back rub and foot massage at Foot Heaven in Chinatown and then had lunch at Cafe Havana. Excellent sandwich! Then walked it off and went to McSorelys Ale house for a drink. Beer was tasty. Had dinner at Burger Joint at the Meridian hotel. Really good burger. Then went to Rocco's bakery to try my first Cannoli in Greenwich Village. It was ok. Service was horrible. Once again... Face mask was a savior. Kept my fave from freezing. Really enjoying my time in NYC.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
62. Re: COLD next week

You're a real trooper Calidude323:-) Sounds like a great day! Good hearing from you daily and how you're enjoyin'!

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
63. Re: COLD next week

Based on the 4 day forecast - you're probably going to wear that mask out.

Does McSorley's still serve two beers per person at one time - haven't been there for years.

Poppa

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9,541 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
64. Re: COLD next week

You're doing really well.....I heard it was minus 14 celcius....and YOU'RE doing all those outdoor things.....WOW!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
71 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
65. Re: COLD next week

Lol I'm definitely enjoying it more then my girlfriend. It's cold, but like you all said... As long as I'm layered I'm good to go. Only thing I need is better shoes and socks.

@poppa ya, that was a pleasant surprise. They brought me two beers and I was like "alright... This is my kind of place" lol

And in case anyone was wondering... No happy ending after the massage. :)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
66. Re: COLD next week

LOL!! Yeah.. well.. buy some warmer socks.. and keep enjoyin'!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
71 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
67. Re: COLD next week

Can anyone recommend a really good restaurant? Any cuisine other than Italian,Chinese, burgers or pizza. I'm looking for something delicious. Doesn't have to be fancy. But something that will leave me saying... "That was delicious".

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9,541 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
68. Re: COLD next week

For when? And how much do you want to pay and do you have cuisines you'd prefer to have (got what you don't want).

For delicious and a view - Gaonnuri (Korean); Gazala's is great for delicious; ditto Pure Thai.

The list is endless so more info would be handy.

Or you could look up Yelp or Chowhound or Ziggy's blog..for the latter type ziggy and spelling into google. The Hell's Kitchen options are under Midtown West...I'd also suggest going to Brighton Beach for some of his suggestions there which are really really delicious, but you'd be meshugenah if you did that in the weather you're having!

Edited: 23 January 2014, 05:12
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
71 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
69. Re: COLD next week

Dinner for tomorrow evening. $40-$75 per person. I guess I'm looking for something that is unique to NYC. We have Korean BBQ all the time in LA. I'll check that websites you recommended. Thanks!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9,541 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
70. Re: COLD next week

Not sure they are unique but a deli is pretty NYC....Katz's and Carnegie are two that are famous and popular with tourists, 2nd Avenue Deli (2 locations) and then there is Eisenberg's is another down by the Flatiron....but not really dinner food I think...tho' they are all open at dinner time so I must be wrong about that.

As a tourist I think 'unique to NYC' means where you can see the view....what about a large afternoon tea at either the Mandarin Oriental or Bergdorf Goodman's...Robert at Columbus Circle (might be a bit expensive) or Dizzy's Jazz which has good southern food and might fit your budget.