We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYC October 2014

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
NYC October 2014

Hi, me and my partner travel to NYC in October 2014, flying to Newark from Manchester staying in the night hotel Times Square for 5 nights.

can you get a train from Newark to Manhattan?

Also we are hoping to go watch a NFL game and a NBA game is it possible to buy tickets before we go? If so how can we do it?

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,400 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NYC October 2014

Yes, you can get a NJTransit train from Newark airport to NY Penn Station. $12.50. You can get a taxi to your hotel from there.

Try stub hub or ticketmaster or the relevant team websites for details of games and tickets. You could also look on Madison Square Garden website.

Edited: 22 January 2014, 22:10
New York
Level Contributor
921 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NYC October 2014

Schedules are not out yet for next season. The NBA season did not start until the last week in October this season. As for NFL football, usually the Jets or the Giants are home on most weekends. Stubhub.com is a good site to get tickets - you know exactly what you are paying - the fees with ticketmaster and telecharge are insane. If you get into NY in early October, you might have a chance to see the Yankees in the playoffs, I doubt the mets will get there for baseball. Its not easy being a Met fan.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
101 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: NYC October 2014

There is a bus that will take you for $15/pers or just take taxi for flat rate.

4. Re: NYC October 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2015, 06:37