We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there any PEDICAB service we can trust ??????

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
574 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Is there any PEDICAB service we can trust ??????

Well with all the negative opinions re; horse and carriage/pedicab services,is there at least one reliable pedicab service at central park......must be one ?? surely LOL

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
8,089 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there any PEDICAB service we can trust ??????

I would rather go with Horse carriage than pedicabs.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
574 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there any PEDICAB service we can trust ??????

Hmmm,im staying at the staybridge suites in times square,how long would it take at a leisurely pace to walk to the Dakota building ? i have been to NYC twice but the last time was years ago, so geographically ive totally forgotten the area in regards to walking times

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,201 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there any PEDICAB service we can trust ??????

Maps.google.com will give you walking directions and times. Just click the "walker" icon. And remember, you can also take the subway.

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
3,750 posts
403 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there any PEDICAB service we can trust ??????

Someone put a post on one of the other current threads about pedicabs and horse and carriage rides reminding people that neither of these methods of transportation can go off the roads/paths through the parks.

I get the concept of the horse and carriage ride, it's been on my bucket list for decades (although I'm rethinking it now because of the conditions of the horses), but this was always in additional to actually walking through and exploring the park. What I don't get is why people don't want to walk through the park? (And this is targeted at everyone, not the OP).

As Brooklyn Bridge said, catch the subway or even a bus to a starting point and then wonder to where you want to go. www.centralpark.org has a great list of everything that is in the park and exactly where it is located so you can create your own walking tour (what I've done) to save you walking aimlessly. Or you can just pick a section and walk it. Even if you only have an hour to walk so you can still a fair bit and stop for photos if you pick a good section.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
574 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there any PEDICAB service we can trust ??????

My plan was to take the 90 minute pedicab tour,which DOES take you through the park and revisit my favourite sections possibly next day,but i have to say 2 of my plans in the last week ( pedicab tour and possibly helicopter tour ) have been weakened considerably because of the bad reviews both have got on the NYC forum,yet individual reviews on the things to do section on TA have been fantastic LOL ,all is not lost though,trips to the TOTR and ESB will get me my aerial photo opps and now thinking i ll just get the subway and walk through the park like everyone is saying to do,who knows i may be lucky and see simon and garfunkel free in central park ;-) haha

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
8,089 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is there any PEDICAB service we can trust ??????

Check the helicopter reviews here....people seems to like it !!!

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60763-d56…

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,201 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Is there any PEDICAB service we can trust ??????

No pedicab tours, no matter how long, go through the park. Pedicabs are banned from the pathways, they can only go on the main roads at the perimeter.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is there any PEDICAB service we can trust ??????

If you get into a pedicab and agree on the price and don't let the "driver" try to mark it up......then he/she is trustworthy.

9. Re: Is there any PEDICAB service we can trust ??????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2015, 06:18