We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Book of Mormon tickets

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Topic
Book of Mormon tickets

Hi,

It says on the shows website that they have a lottery for tickets up to 2 hrs before each performance for $32

Has anyone on here tried this and been successful? How many tickets are normally put forward for the lottery or is it what they haven't sold by a certain time?

Cheers

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,044 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Book of Mormon tickets

I have friends who won recently. My brother entered every day for six weeks before he won. I think it's twenty tickets a night.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,913 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Book of Mormon tickets

There are no "tickets they haven't sold by a certain time" as the show sells out totally months in advance.

Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
6,059 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Book of Mormon tickets

1. I have been during the lottery, although not for lottery itself.

2. The tickets available are usually front row--not great.

3. It's a madhouse. When I was there, at least 150 people. A lot of noise, not a lot of tickets.

4. Along the outside wall, hours before, is a line for cancellations. The investment of time there is at least 1/2 day, more likely the better part of the day, and there is no assurance there will be cancelled tickets.

5. The line for the lottery does not then become the line for the cancellations. Either one, or the other, or get a friend, and hope everyone else in the cancellation line hours before does not go insurrection.

6. IrishFan in Post #2 is 99%, but not 100%, precise.

7.People may try to scalp tickets at the theater. Read up on the law (unfavorable), become an expert in counterfeiting (very unfavorable), and the problem is solved if no one with tickets shows or you are outbid.

Edited: 25 January 2014, 16:21
4. Re: Book of Mormon tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2015, 05:19