We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants that would be good to take teenagers to

twickenham
Level Contributor
13 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants that would be good to take teenagers to

Hi

We are a family of 5 arriving in New York in April and would like any suggestions for good restaurants to take our teenage girls to. Would like maybe a one with a nice view and then a couple of cheaper ones. We all eat any type of food.

Thanks in advance

Leesburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
333 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants that would be good to take teenagers to

Hi nicolamac. My family (with 4teens) has enjoyed the following restaurants during our trips to NYC: John's pizzeria, Don Antonio's (pizza), Toloache (Mexican), Balthazar (brunch), Shake Shack, Tao (kind of pricy), cheesecake after a show at Junior's, desserts at Ellen's Stardust.

twickenham
Level Contributor
13 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants that would be good to take teenagers to

Thank you,will check them out

Nicola

3. Re: Restaurants that would be good to take teenagers to

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2014, 17:00
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,289 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants that would be good to take teenagers to

Adam Platt, the Food Critic for NYMag has an interesting article on what his teenage daughters recommend: Take a look if these appeal to your teens.

nymag.com/restaurants/…index8.html

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,624 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants that would be good to take teenagers to

BergenCounty, do you own Cafe Havana? ;)

Nicola, your daughters are teenagers, which means you can take them anywhere...it's not like you're asking where you can take small children. And apparently (thankfully) they're not fussy eaters, since you say you like all types of food. NYC has thousands of restaurants, so it's difficult for us to know where to recommend for your family....

Are you looking for one special occasion restaurant (the view you mentioned)? What's your budget for that? (Remember you'll need to add tax and tip to the food and drink total). Here in NYC, good view and good food do not go hand-in-hand. Your best bet would probably be the River Cafe, it that's the type of place you're seeking.

For other meals...again, what budget range are you thinking of? Are there certain neighborhoods that you know you'll be in on various evenings? Is there a certain type of vibe that you know your daughters would love? Or any particular cuisine?

Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants that would be good to take teenagers to

Jekyll and Hyde club is great fun.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants that would be good to take teenagers to

Both Shake Shack & Five Guys opened in London last year, and people still queue to get in - in NYC you can go there with no queue! (Nothing really special about either, but a big step up from the golden arches for a burger).

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
9,607 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants that would be good to take teenagers to

I took my 17 yr old daughter to Ellens Stardust Diner for breakfast our first morning in NYC. It was a surprise...she loved it!! The waitstaff sings show tunes and other songs while they serve you. And they have amazing voices!! Broadway quality. If you kids are into musical theatre at all, they would love this place. Breakfast or a snack or dessert would be the best time.

Forres, Scotland
Level Contributor
497 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants that would be good to take teenagers to

Me too been looking for some cool, different restaurants to take my 15 year old to in November when we come to NY for her 16th birthday. I like the sound of Ellen's Stardust diner for either breakfast or dinner. Have also been looking at Max Brenner , Chocolate by the Bald Man Restaurant. Looks fun and quirky and so good!

I also like the sound of the brunch at The Peninsula Hotel for $48 and unlimited champagne $28 or The Mandarin Oriental fixed price brunch $54. Did the unlimited champagne brunch at the MO in Singapore last year and it was so good pity nothing really similar in NY unless anyone knows if any of the big hotels do anything?

NY
Level Contributor
743 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants that would be good to take teenagers to

Vynl is cool... And my daughter loves mandoobar... Thought Ellen's was fun (def should try it once- just stick to the basics... Burgers etc). And although a chain my daughter loves ruby foos in TS.