We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A preliminary itinerary for our late March. Thoughts???

Munster, Indiana
Level Contributor
473 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
A preliminary itinerary for our late March. Thoughts???

Arrive Saturday evening, March 22nd. Overnight at Fairfield, East Rutherford

Sunday, March 23rd: Drop our bags off at The Manhattan Club and head to Central Park. Then to FAO Shwartz, Ice skating at Rockefellar Centre with a visit to TOTR at Twilight.

Monday, March 24th: Take the train to Brooklyn. Walk the Promenade. Have lunch at Juliana's. Walk back over Brooklyn Bridge to Manhattan. Go back to hotel and get ready. Wife and daughter seeing Newsies and my son and I are going to Rangers/Coyotes.

Tuesday, March 25th: SOL Crown Tour 9am. Visit 9/11 and St. Paul's around 2pm. Walk around the Financial district a bit

Wednesday, March 26th, Check out of Manhattan Club, have late breakfast/early lunch and then drive to Washington, DC for the rest of our vacation.

Things I still need to plan: Where to have dinner after TOTR? Dinner somewhere between Theatre and MSG on 24th? Thought of going to Queens Comfort for Brunch on our way out on Wednesday, but is there a better option? Like I said, this is just what I have so far. Feel free to tweak it by either adding some things we might have time to see or take something away if I have too much. Haven't thought about food choices but kids are pretty good about trying different things. Suggesting restaurants would be appreciated as well. Thanks!

1. Re: A preliminary itinerary for our late March. Thoughts???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2014, 17:00
Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
5,925 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A preliminary itinerary for our late March. Thoughts???

keg: Sunday: Consider adding the Apple Store before or after FAO Schwartz, and Bouchon Bakery on the Plaza at Rockefeller Center.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9,021 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A preliminary itinerary for our late March. Thoughts???

Sunday dinner...two ideas....head to Grand Central Terminal where there is a food hall on the lower concourse, and you can also look around that beautiful building. The kiosk where you can rent the audio tour guide might be closed by then, but you can download the app for the tour (actually cheaper).

The other option is to head over to Hell's Kitchen and find somewhere there.....many choices. Resident foodie (and beach yoga aficionado) has a section on the area on his food blog:

eatingwithziggy.com/2013/…

PS think your itinerary is very good, but sad for you that you won't be able to ride on the ponies at Jane's Carousel on the DUMBO Promenade as they'll be resting the days you're visiting. (There is a Carousel in Central Park and another at Bryant Park.)

Munster, Indiana
Level Contributor
473 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A preliminary itinerary for our late March. Thoughts???

Thanks so much for the responses. Jenny, on my last solo visit to NYC I ate at the food courts in Grand Central. I think the kids would really like it. Also, I checked into restaurants in the Rockefeller Centre and Bouchon and Tri-Tip Grill get good reviews on Yelp. Thanks again!

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A preliminary itinerary for our late March. Thoughts???

Food court @ GC is a good idea as there is something for everyone.

Have someone grab a table and chairs and then the others order food. Also...try to go a little off standard lunch hours as the place is usually packed.

There is an Apple store in Grand Central...but it isn't as "slick" as some of the others.

Tuesday: when walking up/down Broadway...don't forget to take a picture of the kids in front of the bull.

6. Re: A preliminary itinerary for our late March. Thoughts???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2015, 07:18