We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arrival time at Hilton Garden Inn South Central Park

Level Contributor
194 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Arrival time at Hilton Garden Inn South Central Park

We land at JFK at 12.05pm what is the ETA at the hotel

a) travelling by train & subway

b) taxi

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,543 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arrival time at Hilton Garden Inn South Central Park

Do you have checked luggage? Is that an international or domestic flight? If international, are you clearing customs at JFK or flying with pre-clearance? What day of the week? Traffic on a Sunday afternoon is quite different than on a work day afternoon.

Level Contributor
194 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arrival time at Hilton Garden Inn South Central Park

Sorry I wasn't very clear. We are flying from the UK with checked-in luggage but will have cleared immigration in London (I think). Arriving on Friday 14th March.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arrival time at Hilton Garden Inn South Central Park

I would say around 3-3:30ish.

Also depends on how many flights are coming in at that time...Also based on your flight leaving and arriving on time...and how quickly you can get to the immigration & customs line!

Edited: 29 January 2014, 00:11
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arrival time at Hilton Garden Inn South Central Park

wasnt aware you could pre clearin London. Dublin yes but not London. Are you sure?

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arrival time at Hilton Garden Inn South Central Park

Wait....I read that quickly and thought it said that you(OP) would NOT pre clear...

Illinois
Level Contributor
17,231 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arrival time at Hilton Garden Inn South Central Park

I don't think they have preclearance in London, at least I've never been able to.

7. Re: Arrival time at Hilton Garden Inn South Central Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2015, 06:20