We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt Regency Jersey City

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hyatt Regency Jersey City

HI,

We are planning to book a 3-night stay at the Hyatt Jersey City. We'd like to hang out in TImes Square at night for 1 of those nights. This is our first time in NJ/NYC, so I was wondering how safe it is for us to take Metro/PATH to get back to the hotel at night. Should we take a taxi instead? What would be the approximate cost?

Thank you for any advice!

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
136 reviews
from US$175.00*
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,111 reviews
from US$199.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
994 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,385 reviews
from US$36.00*
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,914 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyatt Regency Jersey City

I think the PATH train itself is fine. The short walk from the station to the hotel may not be very attractive, but I think it should be safe, maybe even safer than being with the hordes in Times Square. People stay there all the time and commute into NYC. Have you read reveiws here of the hotel? Does anyone talk about concerns on the train?

NYC taxis don't have to go anywhere in NJ except Newark airport . If they choose to accept the fare, they can charge, I think, whatever they want. That,s not a good option. You could take a private car service like

Dial7.com

but that won't be cheap either.

Are you aware that right now and for the next few months, it's the cheapest time of year for NYC hotels. If you're coming to visit NYC, stay in NYC. Bidding on Priceline for a 4* hotel will get you a room for the same or less than the Hyatt.

Why would you want to "hang out" in TS? I understand going to a show or restaurant

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,556 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyatt Regency Jersey City

The PATH Station is literally across the street from the hotel and PATH is very safe -- see this picture

http://tinyurl.com/p2n9pea

But what is the purpose of your trip, to go to JC or NYC? If the latter then double check that you can't afford to stay in NYC for your specific dates, don't assume

Edited: 30 January 2014, 15:52
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
8,158 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyatt Regency Jersey City

It is very safe and is at a great location.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hyatt Regency Jersey City

The views from Hyatt JC are terrific. Sunset is the best. The travel is quick, safe and convenient

5. Re: Hyatt Regency Jersey City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2015, 06:21