We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Special occasion in NYC - help please!

South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Special occasion in NYC - help please!

Hi everyone,

I'm going to NYC with my boyfriend in September. It's his birthday in April so as a present was hoping to arrange something for whilst we're away.

We like unique restaurants and bars, day drips etc. so any suggestions on something special/unique would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Adele

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
8,973 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Special occasion in NYC - help please!

HI Adele, it would be useful if you could post some information about what your boyfriend - and you - like in the way of food and ambience and also what you want to spend.

And what does he LOVE doing...sport, architecture, walking in the countryside, thrills, museums (art? History?).

As a tourist, to me it's the view that makes NYC unique...but even then there are many options.

Look forward to hearing from you again.

South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Special occasion in NYC - help please!

Hi Jenny,

I'd be looking to spend up to around $200.

He loves gigs and eating/drinking out. I've checked for gigs but very little seems to have been released yet!

The restaurants or bars that have great views or quirky themes would be ideal - just something to remember really.

Many thanks

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Special occasion in NYC - help please!

how about dinner cruise like bateuax? goldstar.com has discounts

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
8,973 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Special occasion in NYC - help please!

Hi again,

Thanks. Another regular poster, ter, puts up a list of gigs on a monthly basis, but not THAT far out unfortunately. Hopefully they are reading this and might be able to go to their 'sources' to get information for you earlier.

Here's a good link to information about places to eat with a view....

tripadvisor.com.au/Travel-g60763-c67171/New-…

Edited: 31 January 2014, 21:14
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
8,973 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Special occasion in NYC - help please!

Nice idea LMV....

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
8,973 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Special occasion in NYC - help please!

If BF likes jazz, I'd recommend Dizz's Coca-cola....'gig', food and drinks, and VIEW....it's on the link in my previous post.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
403 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Special occasion in NYC - help please!

Hi Adele, depends on what sort of music you like. I like indie. Last time I was in NYC I saw the Cribs and the Von Bondies at the Bowery Ballroom. Awesome intimate venue and a great gig. We go back in two weeks (yay). We are going to the Bowery again to see Yuck. Another indie cracker. I doubt they will have listings that far in advance. If you want a big gig have a look at Madison Square Gardens. Great gigs and will list further on. We miss the Arctic Monkeys by a week although the Kings of Leon play while we are there although sold out now.

8. Re: Special occasion in NYC - help please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2015, 06:21