We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Closest one direction concert

Malta, Europe
Level Contributor
292 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Closest one direction concert

Hi Ta's

We shall be in nyc. From 10th to the 20th September and onedirection are touring USA at that time. My daughter is a big fan of this boyband and would like to ask where is the closest place they have a concert during that time to preferably go by train as I cannot figure this out.

Pls. Help

Jersey Boys
Concerts, Theatres, Performances
Carnegie Hall
Concerts, Theatres
B.B. King Blues Club & Grill
Dinner Theatres, Bars & Clubs, Concerts, Blues Clubs & Bars
Joe's Pub
Bars & Clubs, Dance Clubs & Discos, Concerts
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
24,227 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Closest one direction concert

http://www.onedirection.net/tour-dates/

Look at the schedule and pull out a map. California, Arizona and Texas are no where near Ny

The closest is El Paso Texas and that is more than 2000 miles from Manhattan. The only way would be to fly.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Closest one direction concert

You are out of luck. They are on the West Coast(and Texas) during those dates. You would need to fly to any of those locations....

If you were coming 1 month earlier...you would have options.

Malta, Europe
Level Contributor
292 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Closest one direction concert

Thanks, we would be in orlando in the last two weeks of August

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Closest one direction concert

Here is the schedule:

http://www.onedirectionmusic.com/us/events/

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
8,507 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Closest one direction concert

During the last two weeks of August One Direction will be in a list of cities that are at least 1,000 miles away from Orlando. You could fly to one of them (Orlando-Chicago flights tend to be cheap) but it is impossible to do that trip by land.

The US is very large.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
24,227 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Closest one direction concert

Two weeks is a Lonnnnnngggg time to be in Orlando, especially in August. I too was thinking a flight and an overnight in Chicago.

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
8,507 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Closest one direction concert

Chicago is pretty awesome, actually. If I was given more than a week in Orlando I would probably want to seriously drug myself. And in August? It'll be a hideous steam bath.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
24,227 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Closest one direction concert

jhwanderer ... you made me LOL! You voiced exactly what i was thinking but tried my best NOT to say.

9. Re: Closest one direction concert

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2015, 06:18