We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best local coffee on the upper west side??

Colorado
Level Contributor
199 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Best local coffee on the upper west side??

I think the title says it all! Looking for a good cup of local coffee and a small quick bite for breakfast, between about 75 and 85th?? Go!! And thanks!

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
8,313 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best local coffee on the upper west side??

Irving Farm is lovely.

irvingfarm.com/locations/…

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best local coffee on the upper west side??

Hey suzy1234Colorado:-) Check out French Roast on the corner of 85th & Broadway.. they're open 24X7 as well;-) Are you staying at the Beacon.. Nylo in area?! There's also the Viand right on the corner where The Beacon is located.. also Pier 72 on the corner of West End Avenue and 72nd Street.. more diner type and around for decades;-) You may want to check out Café Lalo of 'You've got Mail' fame on 84th Street between Broadway and Amsterdam.. you won't miss it with it's year round Christmas lights outside:-) You can also take a look at www.menupages.com/ for breakfast.. click on the West 70's - 80's .. and EnJOY!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best local coffee on the upper west side??

In my opinion the best cups of coffee in the UWS are Joe (http://www.joenewyork.com/) and Birch (http://www.birchcoffee.com/) -- neither are particularly "local" feeling, though.

Hungarian Pastry Shop has that local vibe, but its a bit out of your target locale.

In response to Litsa's suggestions -- I'd caution before going to Cafe Lalo. Maybe this is only true in the evenings, but I've found it to be incredibly loud and hectic -- nothing like in You've Got Mail! Breakfast time may be different, though...

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best local coffee on the upper west side??

.. Yes, it can be loud and hectic.. but pretty much the same as any other busy place;-) Lots to choose from in area .. from loads of diner types to more 'upscale' like Sarabeths on 80-81st and Amsterdam.. Popover Café on 86th & Amsterdam.. Good Enough to Eat on 85th & Columbus Ave.. Keep enjoyin' all!

New York
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best local coffee on the upper west side??

Litsa, Popover is closed!

And I find Lalo to be pleasant and even mostly empty before about 10:30 on weekends, so I'm assuming it's even better on weekdays. It's one of my favorite breakfast/brunch spots.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best local coffee on the upper west side??

That's odd.. thought they just moved?;-) When I google, they show up and running at the new locale?! Oh well, guess I need to walk over there, lol;-) I haven't been there since they were at the 89-90th street (thereabouts location;-) Enjoyin'!

7. Re: Best local coffee on the upper west side??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2015, 05:19