We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking over 4 days

Toronto, ON
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Parking over 4 days

Hello,

Driving into NYC (from Toronto) on Wednesday for 4 nights and wondering what the best parking option is? I've done some searching and seen suggestions for parking outside the city (probably preferrable for me) but I was wondering if they let you leave your car there for 4 nights? The posts I found were all about one day only. Any particular recommendations?

Many thanks

Cincinnati Ohio
Level Contributor
430 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking over 4 days

Hi bawm,

If you decide to drive into the city and park, try Icon Parking. They have garages all over the city and you can reserve a spot online at the garage closest to where you are staying.

www.iconparking.com

Have a wonderful trip!

Toronto, ON
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking over 4 days

Thanks Tessallyne,

I doubt I'll bring my car into Manhattan though. I appreciate your post.

bawm

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking over 4 days

Look into parking garages in Brooklyn, most likely you will find a much better deal than manhattan, West & South West Brooklyn is the best bet, you can get to manhattan by train in 30-60 mins.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking over 4 days

According to Google Maps, the drive from Toronto to NYC will take you through northern NJ. If this is correct, then don't park in Brooklyn -- you'll have to drive across Manhattan to get there. If you are hauling lots of luggage, I'd consider parking in Manhattan.

I think a better idea would be to park at or near one of the PATH train stations (see www.panjnj.com and click on the link for PATH Train service; the station information includes parking facilities; you'll have to contact them to see if parking for multiple days is OK). I don't really know these locations well, so you'll have to work out the details yourself (or maybe someone else will post some further advice).

There are also some New Jersey Transit rail stations with large garages where I believe you could park for 4 days. The parking would be cheaper but the train ride would be longer and more expensive, and service is less frequent.

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,254 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking over 4 days

I'd be reluctant to park overnight at the Jersey City Path station, even though they have a huge lot. At Newport (Exchange Place Path) you could find a private lot, attended lot but I don't think it would be much cheaper than Manhattan (but I'm not sure). I don't know the situation in Hoboken anymore. Newark will take you an extra half hour to get to but I believe they do have safe lots across from the train station. Street parking in any of those locations is out of the question just because of parking restrictions, not to mention safety.

You might actually do better north of the city and taking Metro North in, but I don't know their parking situations

6. Re: Parking over 4 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 16:17