We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Statue of Liberty Ticket help please

Suffolk
Level Contributor
80 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Statue of Liberty Ticket help please

Looks like I've messed up big time, there are no tickets available during our visit in April (on the official site) are there alternative ticketing sites to try?

Many thanks in advance

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,925 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Statue of Liberty Ticket help please

It's not possible there are no tickets. There may be no CROWN passes, but there are sure to be tickets. There is no "after market" for crown tickets but they may have a few left on the day, FIRST THING in the morning.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,925 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Statue of Liberty Ticket help please

statuecruises.com

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
22,121 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Statue of Liberty Ticket help please

No, there is only one site. Statuecruises.com. Crown tickets are very limited in number and do tend to sell out. You can still pedestal access access though.

Most people who go to the SOL do not do a crown climb. It's rather challenging (both physically and mentally if you don't like tight spaces)

Suffolk
Level Contributor
80 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Statue of Liberty Ticket help please

Many thanks.....I'm in the Dog House!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,925 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Statue of Liberty Ticket help please

I am wrong. There are NO same day crown tickets.

Suffolk
Level Contributor
80 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Statue of Liberty Ticket help please

Word of warning to people wanting crown tickets, there is no availability from 9th April to 26th April 2014

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,925 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Statue of Liberty Ticket help please

For about 40 yrs, it was not possible to climb to the crown. The SOL is still worth visiting as is Ellis Island. The glass is half full, not half empty. ;)

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
14,811 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Statue of Liberty Ticket help please

Because crown access is very limited the tickets almost always sell out well in advance.

Tickets are only released for sale 3 or 4 months in advance, so check back frequently to determine when tickets are released for your travel dates and purchase as soon as your plans are firm.

Be sure to use the official ticket seller (see link in #2 above - other sources are resellers and will only sell you the same ticket at a higher price)

Tickets are non-transferable and adult ID is checked and must match the reservation. (for security, I presume.)

Even without crown tickets, a visit to Liberty Island, the pedestal museum and Ellis Island are still worthwhile.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Statue of Liberty Ticket help please

Hi, just a couple of things. Firstly I am looking at another site www.statueoflibertytickets.com, is this not the official site?

Secondly looking at crown tickets it shows them unavailable for all of the year so I am hoping April has just not been released yet as I too am after crown tickets.

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
14,811 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Statue of Liberty Ticket help please

NO http://www.statuecruises.com/ is the official ticket seller. The other site will only charge you more for the same ticket. A crown ticket at Statue Cruises is $21/adult at the site you mention they charge $28/adult FOR THE EXACT SAME TICKET. (NO reason to pay a middleman $7 for basically nothing.)

Tickets from May onward have not yet been released for sale (see reply #8 above)