First of all thank you so much for the excellent information on this forum. Everytime I think I have a question I do a quick googling on the forum and find the answer :D
We are coming to NY end of May (I know it's a long time still but I LOOOVE planning :D) and I am looking for a nice restaurant to celebrate my 30th birthday.
Maybe a restaurant in Soho as my other half wants to go and have drinks at the James hotels roof top terrace (27 Grand St) but this is not a must and we can always just hop in a cab.
A short list what we hope to get/like:
- A restaurant that takes bookings (we are 2 people). Is it by the way true that you have to call the restaurant like a few days earlier to confirm you are actually coming eventhough you have made a booking?
- A check around 200 dollars if this seems like an ok budget (Including the tip)? We can spend more if needed, I just thought you maybe want to have a some kind of rough estimation.
- We love tapas, italian and american (for me american is pizza, burgers and everything fatty and fabulous :)) and indian food to name a few. We are not big fans (by we I mean me) of the french cuisine neither the chinese. I don't eat fish so sushi is out...
- Not heavy drinkers, if the place has at least one other beer in their selections than budweiser my other half will be happy. I take the occasional wine glass but we don't want to be hungover in NY!! I realise though that the more we drink, the more I need to add to our budget.
- We will not be taking our suits and ties with us but we have no need to go to a restaurant with our matching fannypacks and champion 88 collegepants either.
- We love people stalking (uuh I want that bag, uuh check out that cute couple) so maybe a place that has a terrace/nice tables by the window?
Sorry for the rambling, who ever said the scandinavians are slow and quiet? :D
Last time we were in NY we loved the restaurants in Williamsburg, there was one little meatball restaurant in particular that was so cute, if I could just remember the name...