We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manhattan to Prudential Center

Helsinki
Level Contributor
179 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Manhattan to Prudential Center

I'll stay at a hotel near Penn Station on Manhattan and would like to go see a New Jersey Devils game. Is it somewhat easy to go there or should I just drop it? I'll see Rangers game in Madison Square Garden anyway during my trip so this is not directly prio 1 but would still do it if it's not too difficult/time-consuming to get there (and back)?

This would be Friday this week. Game starts 7pm and should then probably be over around 9.30 pm.

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
15,888 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Manhattan to Prudential Center

prucenter.com/resources/pdfs/Directions-to-P…

You can get the PATH train at 33rd street (Herald Square) near your hotel. http://www.panynj.gov/path/maps.html I think you will have to transfer trains at Journal Square.

Edited: 03 February 2014, 22:50
New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manhattan to Prudential Center

Very easy. Absolutely no reason not to head out to the Prudential Center if you're interested. Go for it. Have fun.

NJ Transit has very frequent service from New York Penn and it takes less than 20 minutes. I believe it is roughly $5.00 each way. Purchase tickets prior to boarding. Trains are very comfortable.

PATH is a less expensive option however it takes longer and it involves a simple change of trains at Journal Square. You go to 32nd Street / 6th Avenue (33rd St. station) and take a Journal Square bound train. Cross platform transfer at Journal Square for a Newark bound train. It takes 40 - 45 minutes when all is said and done but it costs half the price.

I've traditionally gone for the lower priced options versus the somewhat more convenient higher priced options but in this case I really prefer the very fast and comfortable NJ Transit train.

3. Re: Manhattan to Prudential Center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2015, 07:19