We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yankees Opening Game en-route to Airport - Luggage?

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Yankees Opening Game en-route to Airport - Luggage?

First it was basketball, now possible plan change but I am not sure this is even possible. Is this viable at all, the Yankees are playing at 1pm on 7th April and our flight leaves JFK at 7:10pm. Is it possible to see the game and get to the airport in time (checking in before online). I guess a taxi would be around $50 to the airport?

The main issue is luggage, we would both have a suitcase each and I don't think anywhere will store this. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
54,115 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yankees Opening Game en-route to Airport - Luggage?

I don't think it's practical. Sounds like you're already aware the luggage would be the biggest ussue, but just in case, from the stadium website:

Bag Policy

Each Guest is welcome to bring one bag into Yankee Stadium provided the bag is soft-sided (e.g., diaper bags, small purses, etc.) and its dimensions do not exceed 16 inches by 16 inches by 8 inches as stipulated by Major League Baseball security regulations. Briefcases, coolers and other hard-sided bags or containers are not permitted. All bags will be thoroughly inspected before they are permitted into the Stadium. Bag-size bins will be used at inspection points, and bags and their contents must fit without assistance, modification or adjustment. There is no storage area for any items that do not meet security requirements.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yankees Opening Game en-route to Airport - Luggage?

No i dont think so

a taxi is actually around $70 all in

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yankees Opening Game en-route to Airport - Luggage?

Looks like it's a basketball game instead :-)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,888 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yankees Opening Game en-route to Airport - Luggage?

Stans Sports Bar used to accept bags for storage .

http://stanssportsbar.com/

You can phone them and see if they still do. You can leave the game when ever you need to. I would order a car service like Dial7.com rather than depending on a taxi being where you need one. Allow PLENTY of time to travel.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,897 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yankees Opening Game en-route to Airport - Luggage?

You never know how long a baseball game is going to last.

And if you have to be at JFK by, oh, 5 pm for an international flight (assuming here)?

Why not have your hotel hold your bags, go to the baseball game until 3:30 or so (trust me, that will be plenty of time to get the hang of it), go back to your hotel on the subway (Yankee Stadium can be reached by subway lines on both sides of Manhattan), grab your bags and take the taxi (or subway) from your hotel to JFK from there?

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yankees Opening Game en-route to Airport - Luggage?

**Looks like it's a basketball game instead :-)**

2 things...(if the plan is a basketball game on the 7th):

-Basketball games usually start at around 7pm.

-Nets and Knicks are not in town on April 7th.

7. Re: Yankees Opening Game en-route to Airport - Luggage?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2015, 07:19