We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The intrepid.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
668 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
The intrepid.

Hi again,

So I am wanting to take my son to the museum as its sounds perfect for us both really as we're both in to aircraft etc.

Anyway I was looking online and it states bits of the museum, shop and food areas have been sadly damaged in hurricane Sandy.

I was wondering if anyone happens to know if and when these areas may reopen?

We visit in late August so quite a few months yet but not sure if work is under way as yet.

Also does anyone happen to know once restaurant is open, what the food is like and the prices?

Thanks so much, any help, advice would be appreciated.

x

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
13,854 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: The intrepid.

You're very wlecome.

Depending on how old your son is, perhaps as trip preparation / anticipation you can give him a NY subway map (and or guide book w/ map) and assign him the task of reading the subway FAQ (entries 1 to 18). tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k4244193…

It would probably give him a great sense of accomplishment and make trip planning even more fun for both of you.

Even if you get lost a little, that's part of the adventure you can't get THAT lost - and as the subway FAQ says on the section about missing your stop - "there are no Dragons"

Edited: 05 February 2014, 22:22
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
668 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: The intrepid.

haha

Thanks loads. I have already bought him a fantastic map and a brilliant childrens guide to NYC including interesting facts and local history etc which has really got him excited.

x

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
668 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: The intrepid.

Hi kaye,

sorry to be a bother but I've been looking through the links you posted which have been so helpful but in having a problem with the water taxi website so was wondering if you would happen to know.

sorry again but in trying to find a price for water taxi from pier 84 to Dumbo.

i have seen prices for full day pass but we're not really wanting or needing a full day pass as once in Dumbo we're going to walk over the Brooklyn Bridge and walk around the financial district before heading to herald square on the subway.

Do you know if its possible to pay a set price for the journey i mentioned or do you have to do a full day pass?

Thanks so much again, you're a star.

x

24. Re: The intrepid.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2015, 06:20