We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Navigating this website/forum?

London, United...
Level Contributor
431 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Navigating this website/forum?

I'm finding this forum absolutely fantastic for info about our August holiday in New York but have a coupe of niggles I hope someone can help me with. On threads where there are a couple of pages of replies you have to go right to the end to see what has been added, I see that there is an option to look at the newest post but then everything is in reverse order which I find confusing. On other forums there is a button to click to go to where you last read. Is there something like this that I've missed?

Also, under Things To Do I have been busy saving restaurants etc to my trip but I have no idea how to access the trip I've created. I also need to adjust something in my profile and can't see where to do that. I'm sure I'm just being unobservant but would be grateful if someone could help me out please.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,632 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Navigating this website/forum?

There is no way to go to where you've last read.

To go to your trips, on the upper right hand side of the full website, you'll see something that says "Hi, Clare M!" and there's an arrow next to it. Click the arrow, and the drop down menu will have "Saved Trips" in it.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,063 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Navigating this website/forum?

"On other forums there is a button to click to go to where you last read. Is there something like this that I've missed?"

Not that I know of.

"under Things To Do I have been busy saving restaurants etc to my trip but I have no idea how to access the trip I've created."

Go to the top of this page where your photo icon is and where it says Hi, clare m. Click on the arrow next to it and see if clicking on saved trips is what you want.

To edit your profile, go to that same arrow I just mentioned, click profile and the next page you get on the left side near your icon you should see an option that says edit my profile.

Edited: 05 February 2014, 15:39
London, United...
Level Contributor
431 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Navigating this website/forum?

Thanks for your replies. I was puzzled because I couldn't see the arrow you mentioned although I could on my iPad. I then realised that I was logged in through Facebook on the laptop but not on the iPad. I logged out, logged back in and it is now as you described. Many thanks.

4. Re: Navigating this website/forum?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2015, 06:22