We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for today? Weather not cooperating.....

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
105 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for today? Weather not cooperating.....

I don't want to just stay in my hotel room today. It's my first full day in the city. Would love suggestions.

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
137 reviews
from US$175.00*
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,113 reviews
from US$199.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
996 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,386 reviews
from US$36.00*
Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,782 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for today? Weather not cooperating.....

In your prior post, you mentioned that you wanted to go to a museum. Seems like a great idea for today!

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for today? Weather not cooperating.....

No reason to. Head down to Grand Central. Check out Macy's. Head to 59th Steeet-Bloomingdales/Apple store/Plaza Hotel. Etc.

3. Re: Suggestions for today? Weather not cooperating.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2014, 16:08
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
105 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for today? Weather not cooperating.....

Was thinking of checking out Tenement Museum. That doable today? I had a day tour scheduled today but it was rescheduled for tomorrow. Yesterday I went to Central Park and saw Wicked! Only went to Central Park for a little walk though.

I need to find a laundromat to drop some clothes off to be washed. I've been traveling since last Friday and don't have enough clean clothes to last my trip. I found a laundromat near by. Jane's Cleaner I think it's called.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,947 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions for today? Weather not cooperating.....

All the Broadway theaters have matinees today and I'm guessing there'll be lots of empty seats if you wanted to see another show. The matinees start at 2. The TKTS booth has an app to see what's available.

USA
Level Contributor
13,977 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions for today? Weather not cooperating.....

All the above ideas are good ideas, there is no reason to stay inside. Get out and explore.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
15,759 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions for today? Weather not cooperating.....

If you have the ability to print tickets, go to one of the online discounters & buy a ticket there rather than standing online in a snowstorm. Or you can head for NYC & Co on the west side of 7th near 53rd & pick up a discount to take directly to the box office.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60763-c1146/New-York…

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
16,774 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Suggestions for today? Weather not cooperating.....

Most of the Tenement Museum is only viewable by tours, so I'd wait until your tour tomorrow unless you want to try and book a different tour for today. http://www.tenement.org/tourcal.php

If you don't do a matinee, I'd be inclined to go to the Met http://www.metmuseum.org/ and have afternoon tea at the Petrie Court and enjoy the view of the snow in Central Park. metmuseum.org/visit/plan-your-visit/dining-a… (While it will be crowded with like minded visitors, if you grab a floor plan, there are some less visited parts of the museum that will be quieter.) http://www.metmuseum.org/visit/museum-map

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
105 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Suggestions for today? Weather not cooperating.....

Just bought tickets to see Once tonight. Going to head out in a few minutes to go to a museum I think or maybe Grand Central ... Tenement museum sounds interesting to me. Too many decisions

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,797 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Suggestions for today? Weather not cooperating.....

Why don't you go to the American Museum of Natural History this afternoon - it's very big and can keep you entertained indoors for hours. Oh, and I'm giving the 2:45 pm highlights tour. :)