We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new york accomodation

gold coast
Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
new york accomodation

has anyone stayed in both the novotel times square and the staybridge times square ? want to stay somewhere nice but im being tempted by the breakfast inclusion at staybridge ??? but would stay at the novotel if its nicer ????

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: new york accomodation

Eating out in New York is so much cheaper than here in Australia , I wouldn't let a breakfast included be the decider for your hotel , there are so many better options in New York for breakfast than what a hotel would be offering and do you want to eat in the same place every morning.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
16,552 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: new york accomodation

I can't compare the hotels because I haven't stayed in both. But I have stayed at the Staybridge. The breakfast is good, there are hot and cold choices. There are also other freebies there such as a food and drinks reception three nights a week with pretty good free food and wine. Also a free guest laundry which can be handy if you are staying a week or longer, plus free wifi.

The rooms are good, if a little bit small. What sort of room are your looking at getting? They all have a functional kitchenette though I didn't end up using mine at all.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
22,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: new york accomodation

You might get some responses here from people who have stayed at both properties, but if you haven't already done so, I'd suggest reading through TA reviews in detail for both properties. I find that invaluable. I generally ignore people who have posted only one thing on TA and pay more attention to reviews from travelers that have posted multiple reviews, or at least participated in forums.

I find the details much more relevant than looking at the average star ratings.

Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: new york accomodation

If it helps, the Novotel has recently been refurbished. We stayed there in Dec 2013 and it was fabulous....can not say enough about the staff, the cleanliness of the rooms and the location. Breakfast here was very good with a selection of both hot and cold foods.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,888 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: new york accomodation

You are the family of 5. Are you still thinking of all sharing one room? Neither of these sound ideal for that. Normally I'd say forget breakfast included, but with a family that large, the breakfast AND the drinks and nibbles during the week can really save money so I would take that into consideration. Have you looked at Best Western Hospitality? It's all suites and included full cooked breakrast. No, it's not in Times Square but you don't need to be.

6. Re: new york accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2015, 05:20