We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

im in times square on feb 24 for 5 days.

Bristol, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
im in times square on feb 24 for 5 days.

what is the one single thing i MUST do whilst im there, any ideals for a top top show to go see??? thx in advance for all advice.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: im in times square on feb 24 for 5 days.

The top top show is Book of Mormon. It may well be sold out for when you're here. Check Ticketmaster.

As for what to do while you're here, what are you planning to do? What sorts of things do you like?

Bristol, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: im in times square on feb 24 for 5 days.

there just seems like theres a million and one things to do, so im just making sure i dont miss out on the one thing i shouldnt miss out on, as im not going to be able to do everything, so any suggestions on things i shouldnt miss would be much appriciated, thx again.

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
3,750 posts
403 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: im in times square on feb 24 for 5 days.

As per post 1, you need to tell us what your interests are.

You are right when you sat there are a million and one things to do and as we know absolutely nothing about you, you are essentially asking us to list a million and one things.

Start by having a look at the top questions on the right hand side of the forum, (not viewable on a smart phone) especially the one about must sees and dos.

If you want answers from the forumities you need to give us something! Do you like art, history, sport, architecture, shopping, eating, parks/gardens, markets, live music, theatre, outdoor activites, water cruises etc? Do you want ideas for tours and if so professionally or self guided? Have you been to NYC before? Are you on a budget and looking for free or nominal admission entrance fees?

Bristol, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: im in times square on feb 24 for 5 days.

not really on a budget, never been before. loves my sport, shopping, theatres, modern art, marketsguessing its going to be very cold for water activities and outdoor activities. happy to go with professional tours, hope this helps a little. obv i know i must do ellis island, sol, empire state and 911 memorial,

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
15,277 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: im in times square on feb 24 for 5 days.

As for the top show to see, there is no one such show. Go to Playbill.com & check out the listings then decide what you want to see. If you want a professional's must sees here is the drama critic from the Washington Posts latest picks from his blog. Just scroll down to the topic "So you want to see a show?"

The blog contains links to Teachout's reviews for an idea of the shows he's picked.

http://www.artsjournal.com/aboutlastnight/

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: im in times square on feb 24 for 5 days.

If this is your first time......wander around the Village for a few hours.....

Bristol, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: im in times square on feb 24 for 5 days.

excuse my ignorance, but what village???

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: im in times square on feb 24 for 5 days.

Greenwich Village. It's an area in Manhattan:

wikitravel.org/en/Manhattan/Greenwich_Village

(Not sure how accurate, as of today, the listings are in that link.)

GREAT area to eat/shop/take flicks/people watch/etc!

Edited: 06 February 2014, 16:30
Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,190 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: im in times square on feb 24 for 5 days.

Do read the Top Questions section, and I also suggest you get a guidebook. Only you can identify the things to do that appeal to you the most, and we can't list them all here in thread responses.

Some of the things you've listed require advance tickets or reservations. statuecruises.com for Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island, 911 memorial www.911memorial.org/visitor-passes Purchase ESB tickets in advance to avoid long ticket purchase lines (you'll still have lines for access though): http://www.esbnyc.com/buy_tickets.asp. BTW, none of these are obvious "must do" items

Since you like modern art, MOMA would make sense. Also devote a chunk of time to the Met. They have some fabulous modern art as well.

Along with reading the Top Questions section, read the Trip ideas and sample itineraries.

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
3,750 posts
403 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: im in times square on feb 24 for 5 days.

In terms of outdoor activites, yes it will be cold but IMO I think you'd be mad not to spend time walking the Brooklyn Bridge and at least a couple of hours in Central Park.

In terms of tours, there are many to choose from but have a look at www.freetoursbyfoot.com This would be a great way for you to see somewhere like Geeenwich Village.