We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Reports!?

New York, NY
Level Contributor
9,648 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Reports!?

I am reading the responses to the most current posts and I see people saying " I was there in June"," I just got home", "I was there last week", "I stayed in that neighborhood" etc.

So, where are your trip reports, people???

A short synopsis will do, doesn't have to be a novel.

Come on now, pretty please!!!

Thanks!!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
463 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Trip Reports!?

I know how hard it is to get around to writing a trip report (I only got mine posted here after a virtual kick up the bum from NYCGirl - lol!) but they really are a valuable tool for others planning trips and they are fun to read, especially for those of us that can't get back to NYC often. So please, keep the reports and photos coming.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,563 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Trip Reports!?

Good point GirlFromOz - it is hard to find the time to write them (especially as its always fresh in your mind while you're suffering from jet lag) but please keep the reports, and photos, coming!!

Michigan
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Trip Reports!?

I agree. I really like reading how other people spend their time in NYC. I especially love to see what people thought was important enough to them that they would take a photo of it--so more pictures PLEASE!!

Dublin
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Trip Reports!?

Every so often a correspondent will produce a superbly crafted trip report. And, in the vast majority of reports, there is usually some piece of knowledge or interesting insight which will sate the appetite for knowledge about New York of the reader. As Warmw. has commented earlier, certain aspects of reports can be skimmed by the reader. it isn't necessary to read every word of a trip report as if each and every syllable were a pearl of wisdom.

There are no rules for either writing or indeed reading trip reports. So correspondents are not obliged to follow a particularf format. If you want to use the phrase "We headed back to the hotel" eight times in one report, that is your prerogative. If, however, the reader feels as if he/she is "wading through treacle" whilst reading through a trip report, he/she can simply stop reading. Choice lies at the heart of all of this.

London, England
Level Contributor
221 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Trip Reports!?

I love reading the trip reports!

Unfortunately, I 'm not good at writing my own. Well I start them off ok by posting the first half of the trip, but never seem to get around to finishing them. I've still got one outstanding from California in October 2005 and also NY in June this year. Trouble is I've forgotten where I got up to with them.

Still, do what I say and not what I do and keep those reports coming folks!

Texas
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Trip Reports!?

I LOVE the trip reports as well. Keep writing them.

Someone else suggested and I'd like to reiterate, PARAGRAPHS, please.

27. Re: Trip Reports!?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 11:17