We've got a couple of nights coming up in NYC and want to stay in Manhattan but not in too busy an area. We arrive day one early pm and leave day three at 7:15am so time is at a premium.
I have a wish list and would appreciate some advice on hotels to look at...
* Interconnecting rooms (four beds and two bathrooms)
* Great views - high up is good
* At or less than $1,000/night
* Modern or at least contemporary so my kids don't feel like it's a palace
* Planning to eat out including breakfast
* Not fussed about in-room entertainment as we will be out & about most of the time
* Ideally walking distance to one or two of the main NY attractions
Also, which sites do you recommend for getting good deals?
Thanks for your help!