We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels at Christmas time

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
64 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels at Christmas time

Hi,

Hoping someone can recommend a hotel from 22nd December to the 26th December. i don't mind pushing the boat out on price as we are getting married on the 23rd December so really cost is not an issue. Ideally we were looking for a hotel where there would be stunning xmas decorations in the lobby and around the hotel so we can take some picutres before going to the church. Waldorf came to mind. Also we were going to have our wedding dinner in The Riverside Cafe its looks amazing another girl on TA recommended it. Just wondered if there was any other places like it with such a stunning view. thanks

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels at Christmas time

NY Palace

Plaza

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,550 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels at Christmas time

The NY Palace has just had a major renovation and is one of the most beautiful hotels at Xmas. It happens to sit just behind St. Patrick's Cathedral. Many rooms in their tower have a view of St. Patrick's. The Waldorf is long overduefora renoavtionand while the publicspaces are lovely, the rooms are very tired and there are no real views there. It will look very affordable though vs. the nicer hotels. Have you picked a church?

It's River Cafe, not Riverside. That is the best for view and food. A dinner cruise with

Bateauxnewyork.com

I another option and there you'd be able to dance. The food is not as good though.

3. Re: Hotels at Christmas time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2014, 16:08
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
64 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels at Christmas time

Many thanks for recommendations. Will have a look at these. We tried for St. Paul's but due to renovations they were taking no weddings. Went with our lady of peace church really cute little place. Th priest there is very nice and easy to deal with

Ireland
Level Contributor
907 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels at Christmas time

I agree that the New York Palace is beautiful at Christmas, though it is a bit impersonal. They used to have rooms with access to an exec lounge, don't know if they still do, but was great if the facility still exists. Their breakfast is good but, in my opinion, only if inclusive in a good rate. If there is still a lounge and you have access, you might be able to get breakfast there.

Would you prefer a smaller, boutique type hotels or is big ok?!

Ireland
Level Contributor
907 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels at Christmas time

I think St. Patricks would be too big for a small wedding anyway, unless they had a small side chapel you could use.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
64 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels at Christmas time

think i would like the wow factor of the big hotel but open to suggestion for boutique style as well

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
64 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels at Christmas time

Think i would like the wow factor of the big hotel but am open to suggestions for a boutique style hotel as well

9. Re: Hotels at Christmas time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2015, 06:20