We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

UK
Level Contributor
58 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Weather

Hi, arriving on Weds for 4 nights and every weather forecast I look at is different! Should I expect cold and rain? Thx!

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
292 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

Just cold but a waterproof coat won't go a miss.

2. Re: Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2014, 16:08
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,687 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

I use www.ny1.com - I like it for its focus primarily on NYC - Here's next 7 days forecast (which, of course, has already changed since yesterday's forecast) - look at weather forecast 1 to 2 days pre-travel for the best idea you can get for weather:

www.ny1.com/content/weather/7_day_forecast/

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
763 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather

Looks like damp and cold , I'd have layers and a slicker of some sort...

UK
Level Contributor
58 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather

Great thx. I'm secretly hoping for some snow! :-)

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather

Don't!!!!!

7. Re: Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2014, 16:08
New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather

-Mattias-NYC- Where are you? It is Cloudy and 25 degrees in Central Park and the ice is bullet proof and not going anywhere. I'd love to know where it is melting quickly.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,687 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather

Not melting in Fort Greene either - people are still chiseling their way (or trying) to try to get to their cars that are encased from tires down in frozen snow/ice - definitely not going anywhere soon here.

Next few days it is supposed to be a few degrees over 32 but who knows if that will be enough to get rid of all the snow out my way -

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,126 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather

My neighborhood in Manhattan is still covered in ice-encrusted snow as well. The forecast I'm seeing (weather.gov) says we may get a bit more snow tomorrow night, and it doesn't look like any snow will melt before Thursday. But on Thursday they're saying 39 degrees, and a comfortable 43 degrees on Friday. Of course, that forecast could change, for better of for worse...you can't really trust it for more than a couple of days out. Fingers crossed!