We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newark airport

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Newark airport

Hi traveling to NewYork next week flying into Newark airport has any one used the viator shuttle bus into manhattan it drops you off at your hotel

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,384 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newark airport

Lots of people have used it and regretted it. DON'T do it! Either use a car service like

dial7.com

for door to door service (~ $75)

or the train for $12.50/person

or the Express bus for $16 to Port Authority. Do not pay for any of these in advance.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,384 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newark airport

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k7180663…

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Newark airport

Viator is nothing more than a reseller. They give the transportation voucher less than retail and they sell it to you either for retail or for a premium. Then when people arrive, they are baffled as to why service providers want to take cash paying customers ahead of those with those horrible viator vouchers.

The shuttles are horrendous and you absolutely should never prepay and never use the shuttles.

The best option is the train for $12.50. The bus for $16.00 is good too. You can prearrange (not prepay) a sedan but the total (with tolls and tip) will not be much less than $100.

The shuttles are horrible and they're dangerous.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Newark airport

Hey dierdrewatershelan:-) Take a look at the train schedules at www.njtransi.com/ from Newark Airport to NYC Penn Station.. great deal for $12.50 all in with an approx. 25-30 min traffic-free run:-) If you do opt for a car service, as Whiz states, it will cost you approx. $75-80. and that as well is all in.. to include tip and tolls.. of course, depending on 'where' in the City you're heading;-) Happy planning.. and EnJOY!

Edited: 08 February 2014, 19:11
Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Newark airport

Hi thanks for your advise I won't get the train because I am staying at the manhattan club suites on 56th street ,hope yet are nice and central, and I would still have to get taxi when outside station so I will just dial 7 thank you

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Newark airport

Hi thanks for advise will not get train staying at the manhattan club suites hope they are nice and central on 56th street so still have to get cab outside station so I will dial7 thank you

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Newark airport

Hi thanks for advise will not get train staying at the manhattan club suites hope they are nice and central on 56th street so still have to get cab outside station so I will dial7 thank you

8. Re: Newark airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2015, 06:17