We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grimaldi's v Juliana's

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Grimaldi's v Juliana's

So I defo want to try NY pizza. Pizza is seriously one of my favorite foods.

Which would be the better of the 2 to eat from?

Or are they just over rated tourist traps and would I be just as well to get a slice from the $.99 place round the corner from our hotel??

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grimaldi's v Juliana's

Neither

there are much better options

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9,715 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grimaldi's v Juliana's

If you are planning to visit the Brooklyn end of Brooklyn Bridge to see THAT view and walk around the lovely nearby streets and the Promenades, then combining that with pizza makes sense. Of the two, Juliana's is supposedly less crowded and better pizza. Tho' me thinks the more it is recommended on this Forum for tourists, the crowd thing won't be the case for long.

Lozzy, where are you staying? That will help people let you know what pizza nearby to your accommodation, including 99 cent options. Or have you used the 'search nearby' function on google maps and then looked at reviews on yelp or chowhound....

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grimaldi's v Juliana's

Staying w54 st. Yep, checked maps and around me. We are planning on getting off water taxi at Brooklyn and having a wander round the area before walking back over the BB. My friend is not fussed about pizza so would probably have to eat the full pizza myself since neither seem to sell slices. She might eat a couple of slices but tbh I don't want to spend a fortune on an 'ok pizza' when I could get just as good for a dollar a slice lol

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9,715 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grimaldi's v Juliana's

W54th goes from 5th Ave to the Hudson River...past 12th Avenue...

....did you find anywhere on your searches that appealed that you'd like the local foodies to comment on?

Have to say Juliana's looks great...http://www.yelp.com.au/biz/julianas-pizza-brooklyn and I checked Grimaldi's too... Both seem to do more than an 'OK pizza'....

Montreal
Level Contributor
871 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grimaldi's v Juliana's

One visit we walked by Grimaldi's in Brooklyn and the line was too long for us.

The next year we ate at Grimaldi's in the old Limelight ( we were two of four people in there). It was good but we agreed it wouldn't have been worth the wait at Brooklyn.

USA
Level Contributor
13,359 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grimaldi's v Juliana's

There is more bad pizza than good pizza, those .99 slices don't look so good, never had one.

Best slice in NYC for me, Joe's on Carmine Street. Their location on 14th. Street is good as well, but the Carmine Street location has better ambiance. Great for people watching and chowing down some good slices.

http://www.joespizzanyc.com

7. Re: Grimaldi's v Juliana's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2015, 06:18