We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SOL tickets - not available or sold out?

München
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Topic
SOL tickets - not available or sold out?

Every time I click on Crown tickets there are no tickets available. I know that they have a limited number of tickets. But I don't get if they're already sold out or if they just aren't available yet. Any chances to get tickets for March or April or May?

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
147 Reviews
from US$175.00*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...
1,170 Reviews
from US$57.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
1,058 Reviews
from US$83.99*
NYC Empire State Observatory...
2,418 Reviews
from US$37.00*
Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,346 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SOL tickets - not available or sold out?

I think you just have poor timing. I have recently seen limited numbers of tickets on sale for early April (but sold out for late April). May tickets were not yet on sale.

Right now, nothing is showing as available except for tomorrow morning. I think their website may be having temporary issues.

München
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: SOL tickets - not available or sold out?

Thanks for your answer. I knew that the tickets are limited but I couldn't have bought them earlier. Do you know when the tickets will be available in May? A friend of mine will be there and he would love to go up to the Crown.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
10,230 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SOL tickets - not available or sold out?

There was a post yesterday saying it was 3 months out and that was for the whole month. But for May, that would mean release on Feb 1 so that doesn't seem right if they aren't on the site now. Maybe it's 2 months as all of April is available for Pedestal (with Museum) tickets.

I also tried leaving from New Jersey, but no Crown tickets are available.

Seems like if tickets are sold out, it is indicated in a different way to when tickets are not on sale yet.

Mentioned in this post
New Jersey
New Jersey
United States
Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
26,160 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: SOL tickets - not available or sold out?

There's a button on the webpage that says "Need Help? Chat with us live!" Use it, and ask them.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
9 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SOL tickets - not available or sold out?

FYI - all of May is now available. I just purchased crown tickets for mid May.

I did a chat yesterday and the lady didn't' know when May would be released, I guess I was just a day too early.

6. Re: SOL tickets - not available or sold out?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2015, 06:18