We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Broadway shows

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
221 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Broadway shows

Hi I am planning a visit December, had a look on the site but doesn't seem to be much on, is this just due to it being some time away?

Many thanks

Boston
Level Contributor
955 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Broadway shows

There will be plenty of shows on. What site are you referring to, TA or one of the tix sites?

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
10,704 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Broadway shows

December is far, far off. I wouldn't even worry about picking shows right now. Except for some long running shows much will close and much will open by then and none of it will be discoutned before around oct/nov

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
221 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Broadway shows

Thanks I thought that would be the case, just making sure.

The site was broadway box office I think it was called.

Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
5,833 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Broadway shows

Debbie: To help alleviate your concern, these are some of the Broadway and off-Broadway shows scheduled to run through at least mid-June. It does not include shows closing or opening after (such as King Kong opening in December):

Book of Mormon, Matilda, Wicked, Wicked Back Stage Tour, The Lion King, Pippin, Once, Kinky Boots, Jersey Boys, Cinderella (Carly Rae Jepson, lead through end of April-show continues), Mama Mia!, Phantom of the Opera, Chicago, Avenue Q and Blue Man Group)

Also: After Midnight, Gentleman's Guide, Beautiful: Carole King, Bridges of Madison County, All the Way (Bryan Cranston--Breaking Bad), Rocky.

And: Aladdin, Les Miserables, Cabaret (Michelle Williams), If / Then, A Raisin in the Sun (Denzel Washington until June 15), Of Mice and Men (James Franco, April 16-July 27), The Cripple of Inishmann (Hugh Jackman and Daniel Radcliffe, April 20-July 20), Hedwig and the Angry Inch (Neil Patrick Harris) and Bullets Over Broadway (Zach Braff).

Edited: 11 February 2014, 21:57
Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
12,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Broadway shows

Sorry. I tried to answer yesterday but when I tried to post I got an error message about site maintenance.

What I think you may have seen is a list of discounted tickets. Discounts are usually posted about a month ahead of time.

To see what is going to be in town when you'll be here, check out the listings at Playbill.com

Be aware that there are several shows who are selling out regularly so discounts on those tickets are rare. If you see a show you like, check the ticket buyers seating chart to see what is available. If half or more of seats are sold buy immediately. Also, if you don't see a discount for a given show for current dates, chances are there will be no discount for your date. Also note that different discount sites have different discounts.

Here is an article on discount tickets & other Broadway info that may be useful:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60763-c1146/New-York…

Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
5,833 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Broadway shows

There is no reason to worry, but when you have firmed up the dates of your visit and for tickets are available for purchase, there is no reason to wait to book tickets for Book of Mormon, Wicked and/or The Lion King which are not discounted. At that point, if you buy your choice of date, location and ticket price, you won't be disappointed. If you wait until sometime a while after that, you may be.

Edited: 14 February 2014, 22:38
7. Re: Broadway shows

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2015, 05:20