We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suites in NYC

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
564 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Suites in NYC

I still feel like I am missing something....

Although I have received wonderful suggestions about hotels I still feel unsure about making a decision. Perhaps I am thinking too much into it!!! I really want a hotel with a suite just like they have at the Salisbury and a similar location - close to Central Park, Fifth Avenue, Times Square etc....

I have looked at the Affinia properties, but I still don't thnk they are in as good a location, nor are they as big!!! I have looked at the Doubletree hotel in TS, but think it'll be too noisy..

Surely there are some other properties that would fit the bill. My husband thinks we should just stay at the Salisbury, but I would like to try something different..

I know he Beacon hotel is popular and I haven't ruled it out, but it is a little further from all the places I have listed above and it also seems to be a little older as well. I would like something newish, but I think I am wanting too much....

Edited: 16 February 2014, 11:23
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9,718 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suites in NYC

Sharyn, you know I am going to say The Salisbury is a great option in a fabulous location.....Just move on and get on to important things like clothes and footwear with the 'kids'.....

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,735 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suites in NYC

The San Carlos

The Kimberly

The Best Western Hospitality

Residence Inn Midtown East

Are all more modern than the Salisbury in midtown east.

Radiocityapartments.com

Is closer to the Salisbury location but is similar in age/ look. My recollection is that price was a problem for your dates but I could be wrong. BW Hospitality includes full breakfast and you get a full kitchen. They also have some 2 bedrooms.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,458 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suites in NYC

How about the Suite Hotel you stay in, Jenny?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
564 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suites in NYC

You could be right Jenny - I need to stop wasting time and just go with what I know really!!!

The price thing wasn't the issue @nywhiz. Although I was just checking out Hotel Beacon and I can get it for about the same price as the Salisbury and it gets such good reviews, but I think the Salisbury's location is still better..

I shall checkout the few you have listed @nywhiz and perhaps that'll help me make a final decision.....

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
24,071 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suites in NYC

The suite and the regular room I stayed in at the Shelburne were quite large. The suite had two bathrooms ( but no view -- it was an "inside room" which made it. Very quiet) it had 2 queen beds in the bedroom, large dressers in both rooms, and a sofa bed, chair and coffee table in the sitting room. It did not have a kitchen but did have a mini fridge. I never see this on the website. I would call and ask about it.

Ottawa, Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suites in NYC

What about the Affinia 50? By not "big enough" , do you mean the hotel itself or the rooms? I think their suites should be pretty big...I remember looking at descriptions before.

Ohio
Level Contributor
9,051 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suites in NYC

we have stayed multiple times at the affinia dumont and the beacon. they are both very nice and the suites are apartment size. do you ride the subway?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9,718 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Suites in NYC

To answer WEQueen's question, we stayed at the AKA Apartments Central Park. 58th Street between 5th and 6th. I think Sharyn's budget is on the other thread. She can investigate this wonderful place as a possibility (tho' I am not sure there are 2 bedroom suites - but we weren't looking for that).

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,458 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Suites in NYC

From what I remember from Jenny's TRs the AKA is a fabulous property. If within your budget and they have the right size rooms, would be perfect for OP.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9,718 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Suites in NYC

YEP...we love it...just love it. Great place, great location for what we love to do in NYC.