We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family of 5 , reasonably priced hotel in NY

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
118 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Family of 5 , reasonably priced hotel in NY

Hi, we'll be staying a week in NY from 13 - 20 September . 3 kids aged 12,8 and 4 . Would ideally like to stay in Manhatten somewhere , preferably walking distance to a park . Budget could stretch to $250 per night , maybe a bit more for the right place . Does anyone have any suggestions ? Thanks.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,209 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family of 5 , reasonably priced hotel in NY

That budget is next to impossible at that time of year for Manhattan.

Radiocityapartments.com

Nycsalisbury.com

maybe Murray Hill East suites are some of the less expensive suite hotels. You can try conrtacting the London agency

Www.apartments2book.com

Who can sometimes get better ricing than you can on your own. But $250 for 5 people at Xmas is just not realistic.

2. Re: Family of 5 , reasonably priced hotel in NY

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 February 2014, 10:35
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
118 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family of 5 , reasonably priced hotel in NY

It's September , not Xmas. What would be a realistic price to pay then ?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,209 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family of 5 , reasonably priced hotel in NY

Sorry I read Dec instead of Sept.;). Unfortunately Sept is just as bad and possibly worse as your dates coincide with the beginning of the UN General Assmebly which fills the city. It's not unusual to pay $100/person in Manhattan. Have you checked the prices of any of the links I provided for your dates?

Edited: 18 February 2014, 10:46
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,209 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family of 5 , reasonably priced hotel in NY

The Salisbury is ~$370/night plus tax for a 1 bedroom suite with 2 double beds and a sofabed. But the Best Western Hospitality is a nicer hotel although not as close to Central Park. They have a 2 bedroom penthouse with 2 bathrooms and include full breakfast daily (and you get a full kitchen there, not just a kitchenette). There's an internet rate of $350/night plus tax. I'd book that in a heartbeat...or you can phone them and see if you can do a bit better on the price.

Edited: 18 February 2014, 10:56
Mentioned in this post
Central Park
Central Park
113,063 Reviews
New York City, NY
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,209 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family of 5 , reasonably priced hotel in NY

That 2 bedroom suite has a queen bed in each bedroom AND a private terrace. If you'd rather 2 beds in the second bedroom, you can get a suite where the sedond bedroom has 2 twin beds, but that will not have the second bathroom and terrace.

Ottawa, Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,501 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family of 5 , reasonably priced hotel in NY

I booked a 1 bedroom suite with 2 doubles and a sofa bed at the courtyard Manhattan chelsea for $ 260 pre tax, so while it's not impossible you'll have to get really lucky

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
118 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Family of 5 , reasonably priced hotel in NY

Thanks for all that. I booked the Salisbury because of it's proximity to Central Park . My kids will love it , and so will we I hope !!

Mentioned in this post
Central Park
Central Park
113,063 Reviews
New York City, NY
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
25,016 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Family of 5 , reasonably priced hotel in NY

Ivan, when are you visiting? Prices vary from one time of year to the next.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
118 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Family of 5 , reasonably priced hotel in NY

Who's Ivan ? More importantly, where's he going for his holidays ?