We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newark airport to The Roosevelt Hotel

uk
Level Contributor
42 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Newark airport to The Roosevelt Hotel

Hello

My husband and i are arriving in New York 1st April. Staying at The Roosevelt Hotel. I would like to know how we get there via the subway.I have read this is the cheapest way to commute.

thank you.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newark airport to The Roosevelt Hotel

Hey diddy41:-) There is no subway connection coming from EWR which is in New Jersey.. the 'subway' is in NYC:-) There is an air train from every terminal at the airport that will take you to www.njtransit.com/ for $12.50 p/p all-in for an approx. 25 min traffic-free run into NYC Penn Station.. which is also the last stop so no getting lost;-) From there, take the 8th Avenue escalator up to exit.. you'll find the cab line right there for your quick ride over to your hotel;-) Best.. and EnJOY!

uk
Level Contributor
42 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newark airport to The Roosevelt Hotel

Thank you Litsa very much for your advise. i can't wait to get there.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Newark airport to The Roosevelt Hotel

My pleasure diddy41:-) Piece of cake actually;) Keep enjoyin'!

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Newark airport to The Roosevelt Hotel

As Litsa said, the subway doesn't go to New Jersey and unfortunately Newark Airport is in New Jersey.

But the good news is that AirTrain Newark / NJ Transit is wonderful. Very fast and very efficient. Easy, safe, reliable, user-friendly, well-marked, modern, etc. It is great. Just $12.50 USD per adult and it will whisk you right into Midtown Manhattan in no time.

Taxi's and subways are available at Penn Station. Remember that you don't give anybody any money for a taxi until you reach your destination - although I've never seen this, a couple people have come to the forum here to say that some random person on the street outside Penn Station asked them where they were going as they got into the taxi. The person said alright, that will be $10. or something and of course it wasn't the taxi driver and well, you know...

uk
Level Contributor
42 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Newark airport to The Roosevelt Hotel

Thanks for youyr advise MoreFFmiles. we will be careful,.

6. Re: Newark airport to The Roosevelt Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2015, 05:20