We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I discovered an awesome Jersey diner (for southbound trips)

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
I discovered an awesome Jersey diner (for southbound trips)

For those folks incorporating some driving into your upcoming itineraries - I've seen a few people say they're going to drive to Pennsylvania or to Washington D.C. ...

I'm a big fan of building itineraries that involve thinking outside the box. My partner and I planned to spend part of the holiday weekend in Philadelphia visiting Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, and the museums (Philadelphia has some amazing museums). We picked up a rental car in Manhattan and returned it in downtown Philadelphia several hours later. Parking in Philadelphia is expensive and we didn't want to drive back so we took Amtrak (the train) home at the end.

Personally, I find a little piece of me dies every time I have to stop at a New Jersey Turnpike Service Plaza. We drive to Baltimore and Washington D.C. sometimes too and often our strategy is to get an early start, beat the traffic leaving the city (if it is a weekday) and then stop for breakfast once we're a ways out.

We found this place called Daphne's Diner this past weekend - a true Jersey Diner - in Robbinsville NJ. It is extremely convenient to the Interstate 195 exit off the NJ Turnpike (same interchange as for Six Flags Great Adventure). Exit the Tpke and bear left for "west" and then immediately get off 195 onto US 130 North and the diner is on the left. Cool place - good breakfast - nice staff - no wait.

That was fun. I was recently giving advice to a guy driving to JFK Airport from Pennsylvania - I wish I could have recommended Daphne's to him but that was before our discovery.

Also, for those driving to D.C. - no sales tax in Delaware (keep that in mind if you're planning to make any big ticket electronics purchases)

New York
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: I discovered an awesome Jersey diner (for southbound trips)

Just checked it out on Yelp and it does look good!

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,279 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I discovered an awesome Jersey diner (for southbound trips)

Thanks for the tip.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I discovered an awesome Jersey diner (for southbound trips)

Thanx for the posting, Just added it to my bucket list~Can't wait to try it!

4. Re: I discovered an awesome Jersey diner (for southbound trips)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2015, 05:20