We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

yummy, quick bite for dinnerbetween Hyatt TSq and Cinderella

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
54 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
yummy, quick bite for dinnerbetween Hyatt TSq and Cinderella

so dd14 and I will be arriving at the Hyatt TSq around 5 - 6pm. We'll check in and start walking (?) towards Cinderella (a Friday in April) for our 8pm show.

We can either eat at the Hyatt, or grab something on the way. I see the waffle truck is up near Cinderella, or maybe a great slice of pizza...

any recommendations?

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
133 reviews
from US$175.00*
Special Offer
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,100 reviews
from US$199.00*
US$214.00
Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
972 reviews
from US$83.99*
Best Seller
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,373 reviews
from US$36.00*
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
54 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: yummy, quick bite for dinnerbetween Hyatt TSq and Cinderella

bump :)

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,241 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: yummy, quick bite for dinnerbetween Hyatt TSq and Cinderella

It would help to know where exactly those places are. Sometimes we are on a smart phone answering questions and don't feel like googling.

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: yummy, quick bite for dinnerbetween Hyatt TSq and Cinderella

Hyatt is on W. 45th between 6th and 7th. CInderella on Broadway between 52nd and 53rd

Edited: 21 February 2014, 13:32
Central Village...
Level Contributor
17,926 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: yummy, quick bite for dinnerbetween Hyatt TSq and Cinderella

Ziggy - excellent point - not everyone knows. even the regular posters, street addresses of some queries. So, don't hesitate to list the name of the hotel/restaurant, address, street and cross street.

Also, STAYING IN TIMES SQUARE is just a waste of words - large area, please be specific.

Thanks,

Poppa

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,421 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: yummy, quick bite for dinnerbetween Hyatt TSq and Cinderella

Angelo's Pizzeria is a block north of the theater. Not sure if they sell slices or only whole pies.

http://goo.gl/maps/8t3hY

Yes, your hotel is walkable to the theater. It's a straight shot up Broadway. The problem is not many great yummy options right along Broadway and from your previous threads, sounds like you don't need to be walking any extra than necessary. Ellen's Stardust Diner (singing waitstaff) is on the way but food is meh and not sure how fast it would be. I don't think they take reservations. Ruby Foos is on the way and while the food isn't great, it's buzzy and "we're in the city" and you can order some appetizers and eat at the bar.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
54 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: yummy, quick bite for dinnerbetween Hyatt TSq and Cinderella

OP here.

thank you... sorry about not being specific enough with locations. I'll remember for next time.

I guess Broadway is just too touristy to get excellent food, even pizza. I can see why - I'm sure rents are outrageous. We could venture a couple of blocks either way. I guess it depends on traffic on our drive in to the city, as to what time we get there so how much time we have to eat before the show.

Just wanting a few different options to pick from once we're there.

Manhattan
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: yummy, quick bite for dinnerbetween Hyatt TSq and Cinderella

If you don't mind walking two long blocks out of your way, literally dozens of locally owned, non chain restaurants abound on 9th Avenue between 43rd and 55th. Virtually none of the waiters wear corporate uniforms and vests bearing a dozen witty message buttons.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,241 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: yummy, quick bite for dinnerbetween Hyatt TSq and Cinderella

tourguidestan is right. 9th ave is your friend, and is a 5 minute walk from Broadway. For quick bites consider..

City Sandwich, Gazala's Place, Hummus Kitchen, Island Burger, and Pure Thai if you are a little adventurous. You also got great pizzas at Don Antonio on 8th/50th

9. Re: yummy, quick bite for dinnerbetween Hyatt TSq and Cinderella

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2015, 05:19