We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Immigration & Customs at JFK

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
Immigration & Customs at JFK

My flight is landing at JFK at 3am. But I've heard that Immigration & Customs open at 6am, meaning I'd have to wait around for 3 hours. I'm really hoping that's not the case. Does anyone know what time Immigration & Customs open at JFK? or if they're open 24/7? Thanks.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Immigration & Customs at JFK

Where are you flying in from?

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Immigration & Customs at JFK

And what terminal are you arriving into at JFK? It looks like T4 is open all night.

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Immigration & Customs at JFK

Have you checked the airport website for direct information?

Poppa

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,106 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Immigration & Customs at JFK

Terminal 4 is definitely open all night! I frequently land at 5:20 AM. I can't imagine immigration and customs not being there when you land. You indicate you 'heard" --from who or where. If you are not coming into Terminal 4 I would verify with the airline. Go to flyertalk.com if you want and ask on the airline's page. The site has regulars who would know this stuff from personal experience.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Immigration & Customs at JFK

I wonder if they "heard" this about departures, eg checkin doesn't open until 6am, but it got mangled or generalized in the telling to all services including arrivals ?

6. Re: Immigration & Customs at JFK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2015, 06:18