We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight from Buffalo to NYC

Singapore
Level Contributor
164 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Flight from Buffalo to NYC

Hi guys,

I'd be staying in my relative's house near Fulton St Metro [2,3]. When I checked the maps there are Fulton St 4,5

Fulton St A,C

Fulton St 2,3

all serviced by different line colors.

I understand there are 3 airports @ NYC which one would be most convenient/nearest?

I'd be bringing around my heavy luggage, should I be taking the train or a cab(concerned about the traffic jam) ?

If I were to take the train up to Fulton? Which one would it be and is there elevators to assist with the luggage? Just concern that it might be like Paris whereby I need to lift heavy luggage on stairs.

Appreciate your inputs and have a nice weekend.

Cheers.

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
133 reviews
from US$175.00*
Special Offer
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,101 reviews
from US$199.00*
US$214.00
Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
972 reviews
from US$83.99*
Best Seller
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,374 reviews
from US$36.00*
Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,662 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight from Buffalo to NYC

There are two Fulton Street stations. Does your relative live near the one in Brooklyn, or Manhattan?

Most subway stations do not have elevators.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,662 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight from Buffalo to NYC

Assuming the one in Manhattan, take the Rockaways A train (NOT Lefferts Blvd) from Fulton street towards Brooklyn, get off at Howard Beach station, and get the AirTrain to JFK.

Singapore
Level Contributor
164 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight from Buffalo to NYC

Sorry, I'm referring to the one at Manhattan.

Between JFK, La Guardia and Newark. JFK would be the nearest to Fulton?

Do domestic flights flights serve equally between these 3?

Thanks

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,662 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight from Buffalo to NYC

Nearest isn't really relative when you live on an island. There's a river between Manhattan and any of the airports. If you want to take the train, it's easiest to go to JFK from Fulton Street. Newark is technically closest, but JFK is easiest to reach by subway. All three have domestic flights, but you'd be best figuring out which flight is cheapest and with the best time rather than picking an airport first. Not all airlines fly out of all three airports. You can reach any of them by public transport or cab.

New York NY
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight from Buffalo to NYC

JFK Airport is the airport you should be using.

You will use the JFK AirTrain and the subway. The subway you'd use is the A train (blue on the map). The A train stops at Fulton Street - steps from where you'll be staying.

The JFK AirTrain / subway is very very easy to use. There will be some stairs at Fulton Street but it isn't a big deal - don't worry about it.

Taxi will be stuck in traffic and it won't be fun - it is also expensive.

jetBlue flies between JFK Airport and Buffalo. jetBlue is an excellent airline - very reliable. www.jetblue.com

JFK is the airport you want for Fulton Street in Lower Manhattan.

6. Re: Flight from Buffalo to NYC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2015, 06:17