We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel over thanksgiving booked! (big thanks to Ivan T)

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel over thanksgiving booked! (big thanks to Ivan T)

Managed to get the Lexington down from their quoted rate of $2793 to $1414 for 7 nights - so almost half price and at just $168.69 per night plus taxes, it's come almost within my budget of $200 per night and a much better class of hotel than I thought I'd get for the money over an expensive time of year (we are staying 25th Nov to 2nd Dec).

A very big thanks to Ivan T for telling me how and doing lots of research for me, it's people like you who make these forums so valuable.

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hotel over thanksgiving booked! (big thanks to Ivan T)

Hi Caroline

Can you send me the info please, as I'm after coming back to NYC in December

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,608 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Hotel over thanksgiving booked! (big thanks to Ivan T)

That's a great deal for Thanksgiving you will indeed have a blast.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,377 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Hotel over thanksgiving booked! (big thanks to Ivan T)

@Mayem, on a prior thread a few days ago, I asked the same question about not publicly posting the rates. Ivan T responded that posting the specifics can result in the hotel pulling a particular deal.

I'm not stating that very well, but apparently Ivan T is very adept at finding published low rates, then cashing in on Marriott's best price guarantee, which matches that price, less 25% (or something like that).

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,086 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Hotel over thanksgiving booked! (big thanks to Ivan T)

Google Marriott BRG and you will find plenty of how to posts on the Internet. It requires some work, but can save a lot.

15. Re: Hotel over thanksgiving booked! (big thanks to Ivan T)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2015, 06:17