We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Talk shows in NY

Århus, Danmark
Level Contributor
24 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Talk shows in NY

Hi all

Anyone knows whether it is possible to go to a talk show in NY - and how ?

I am thinking Late Show, The Tonight Show, The Daily show or likewise.

Ben

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
137 reviews
from US$175.00*
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,113 reviews
from US$199.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
996 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,386 reviews
from US$36.00*
Ohio
Level Contributor
9,348 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Talk shows in NY

you can check on comedy central website for daily show and colbert report tickets.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Talk shows in NY

You can apply online for Dave Letterman show tickets. Its a lottery but we got lucky and we are show taping last week. Was a great experience.

NY
Level Contributor
743 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Talk shows in NY

I'm not sure if it's the same procedure now that Fallon has switched shows... But for Fallon upu call a phone number (get from website) and they release tickets about a month ahead... If you call weekly you will get the gist of it. Example is you are here april1 you might want to start calling daily now to get a sense of how far in advance tickets become available

And what days they "release" the next batch (from memory I think Monday AMS) I believe. If you are flexible (ie any day if week) it's easier to get as thurs/Fridays get snatched up first... As long as your "on top" of when your week likely will be released you shouldn't have too much of a problem. We've been twice and it wasn't that hard to get.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Talk shows in NY

I did Letterman a few years back. Apply online, a few weeks out I got a call from a staff member who asked me a trivia question about the show. Reward was my ticket.

You have to show up a couple hours in advance where they give you your actual seat ticket and explain the procedures, then you come back about an hour before the show to be let into the theatre.

It was a great experience in a historic, very intimate venue.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Talk shows in NY

Fallon's is done online now. I saw the show's twitter post that tickets were released for 2 months at a time, and they were gone in about 5 minutes. I'm assuming that's the way it will go from now on.

NY
Level Contributor
743 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Talk shows in NY

Ha tried to edit a bad auto correct of "your"

And double posted instead... Although I see based on last post that Fallon procedures have changed. Too bad because I thought the old way really worked well as far as getting the "week" you wanted.

Good luck. Fallon was an awesome experience and I plan on going a third time!

Edited: 24 February 2014, 19:06
Århus, Danmark
Level Contributor
24 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Talk shows in NY

Seems rather complicated.

I'll check out the different shows and give it a try eventhough I wont have the time to call on and off for a long period.

Ill keep you updated..

Ben

8. Re: Talk shows in NY

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2015, 05:19