We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Toronto to NYC on a Sunday

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Driving from Toronto to NYC on a Sunday

We are heading to nyc over march break with our seven year old. We are used to long road trips and look forward to our drive. I just had an idea this morning to maybe leave a day early and stay somewhere along our route so we just have a short drive and more time to enjoy the city on the Sunday.

Is this a silly idea? If not, any recommendations for hotels along our route..would like to have just a 3 hour or so drive on the Sunday.

Thanks,

Sarah

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
782 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from Toronto to NYC on a Sunday

You'll be driving by way of Niagara Falls?

staten island
Level Contributor
1,933 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from Toronto to NYC on a Sunday

Binghamton is just about 3 hours away from NYC with several hotels to choose from.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
729 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving from Toronto to NYC on a Sunday

No suggestions on specific hotels but you could stop in Ithaca. It is pretty there and the town has some nice food offerings. There are several b&b's there that area also quite nice. It leaves you about 4 hours from the city.

Diane

NYC Photo Safari

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving from Toronto to NYC on a Sunday

Yes..through the Falls and cutting down at Syracuse. ..I think that's the best route,

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driving from Toronto to NYC on a Sunday

Thank you everyone!

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
13,312 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Driving from Toronto to NYC on a Sunday

i'd second stopping somewhere in the Finger Lakes (not necessarily Ithaca but in that area.) From there it is about a 4-5 hour drive, assuming you go 81-380-80-280 from there.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,557 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Driving from Toronto to NYC on a Sunday

I would consider Corning in the finger lakes region. Great glass museum

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
13,312 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Driving from Toronto to NYC on a Sunday

Ziggy your brain worked better than mine, as usual. The 7 year old would like the Hot Glass Show & the interactive part of the museum & the parents would like the fine arts part of the museum.

9. Re: Driving from Toronto to NYC on a Sunday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2015, 05:19