We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kosher restaurants at Christmas

Manchester
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
kosher restaurants at Christmas

Looking at a cruise which will give us 4 nights in New York from the 22nd December. Will the kosher restaurants be open and would i need to book a table? Are there any websites that can help.

Olney, Maryland
Level Contributor
6,670 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: kosher restaurants at Christmas

Cheap and cheerful is my kind of place, too. Look for places on 13th Avenue in Brooklyn. That's the Borough Park neighborhood, and on Dec. 25 it's like Sukkot in Dublin. meaning just a regular day.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
34,831 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: kosher restaurants at Christmas

It is not realistic to shlep to Boro park for an inexpensive meal. You will loose the "cheap" in time value. Once you are shlepping it is closer to go to Flatbush or Kew Gardens Hills. You can go to the successor to Jerusalem II Pizza, now located on W 36th between 5th and 6th. There is another self-service dairy not far from 34th. There are loads of this type of place. As I initially said, I can't get exact names until I am back in NYC. BUT--anything that is on Open Table is neither inexpensive or casual.

Edited: 27 February 2014, 06:17
13. Re: kosher restaurants at Christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2015, 06:21