We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Book hotel now or wait nearer the time?

Lancs
Level Contributor
156 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Book hotel now or wait nearer the time?

Hello

Any advice would be appreciated . We are staying 10th November 2014 for 3 nights. Hotel room prices for these dates are pretty expensive at the moment. Does it follow that as the date gets nearer prices will come down? Is anyone aware if these dates are significant?

Cheers

Lancs
Level Contributor
156 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Book hotel now or wait nearer the time?

Hi

Just realised that I've posted this question before, so apologies, but any further advice would be greatly received .

Thank You

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Book hotel now or wait nearer the time?

The general advise is to book something now that you are happy with , but is cancellable without penalty then to keep looking for better prices and deals as the time draws closer, you may also have a chance to get a good deal on sites like Priceline or Hotwire. If you post what your budget is and how many beds you need , possibly one of the destination experts may have some better advise to help you find some accommodation in your budget.

Edited: 26 February 2014, 20:32
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Book hotel now or wait nearer the time?

I agree book now but with a cancellable rate in case a better deal comes up.

What's your budget. I'm going in November and got a four star hotel for 7 nights for under $200pn.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,173 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Book hotel now or wait nearer the time?

Nov 10 should not be an especially high demand time. There is a good chance you'll see lower prices closer to travel time. It's nearly 9 months out. The advice to book something cancelable still stands.

Lancs
Level Contributor
156 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Book hotel now or wait nearer the time?

Thanks for all your replies. I'm going to book rooms now that I can cancel if need be

6. Re: Book hotel now or wait nearer the time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2015, 05:17