We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from newark airport to the sanctuary hotel

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Transport from newark airport to the sanctuary hotel

Hi I was wondering what's the best way to get from newark airport to the sanctuary hotel near time square

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
132 reviews
from US$175.00*
Special Offer
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,098 reviews
from US$199.00*
US$214.00
Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
970 reviews
from US$83.99*
Best Seller
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,372 reviews
from US$36.00*
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from newark airport to the sanctuary hotel

Hey Joe D:-) "Best" varies;-) For a traffic-free run, check out www.njtransit.com/ The Air Train to the train station for an approx. 25 min run to Penn Station NYC.. last stop so no getting lost for $12.50;-) Take escalator up 8th Avenue exit.. you can hop in a cab heading Uptown or walk if you're up it;-)

There's always the cab option.. bearing in mind these are NJ cabs that return empty after dropping you off in the City.. their rates at tiered so always ask for fare before heading out .. and ask if driver knows hotel/where you're going;-) Last, but not least.. is the car service option that will offer a flat rate as well.. check www.dial7.com/ www.carmellimo.com/ and depending on when you'll be heading out.. downside here is traffic.. can be lots of it especially heading through the tunnel;-) Best.. and EnJOY!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from newark airport to the sanctuary hotel

That's great thanks a lot for the info

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,277 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from newark airport to the sanctuary hotel

Newark cabs are fine - especially for any location on the grid (as compared with the Financial District, where even I need a map to get around).

I wouldnt count on any NYC cab drivers knowing hotel locations by name except major hotels like the Plaza or the Waldorf. The best thing to do is always have the address and cross street. It's better to tell the driver, The Sanctuary hotel on West ___ Street between __ and __ Avenues, than expecting him to know where the hotel is by name.

But, the fare with the car service is probably about the same by cab to that part of town, so you may be better off reserving a car. I take cars to the airport; never from the airport - it's always too much hassle to find them and I dont want to pay extra for them to fetch me with a sign, then have to follow them back to wherever they parked. It's usually quicker to just get in a cab, but I live in the lowest fare tier.

suitcaseready.com

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport from newark airport to the sanctuary hotel

My pleasure Joe D:-) Have a great trip.. and keep enjoyin'!

New York NY
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport from newark airport to the sanctuary hotel

Train is fastest, safest, most economical and safest. $12.50 per person.

No NYC taxi's at Newark Airport. Add tolls, tip, and other surcharges to the base fare. I prefer to avoid the NJ cabs and simply prearrange a sedan when I'm flying into Newark and if I'm unable to use the train (my preferred method of course is the train)

australia
Level Contributor
91 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport from newark airport to the sanctuary hotel

Hi Joe D... when are you travelling. We are also staying at the Sanctuary Hotel after flying into Newark and would love to read your feedback as to whatever your decide to do

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transport from newark airport to the sanctuary hotel

Thanks guys for all you help , looks like I'll be heading for the trains sounds like the quickest and easiest way to get into NYC

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transport from newark airport to the sanctuary hotel

Thanks guys for all you help , looks like I'll be heading for the trains sounds like the quickest and easiest way to get into NYC ,hey worriedaussie I am heading over to New York on the 14th march for st paddys days when are you heading over ?

australia
Level Contributor
91 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transport from newark airport to the sanctuary hotel

Joe D... Will be in NYC first week of June. Getting very excited. Hope you have an awesome time.

Edited: 01 March 2014, 06:24
10. Re: Transport from newark airport to the sanctuary hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2015, 05:17