We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best eats in the city?

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Best eats in the city?

Does anyone have any recommendations for places to eat anywhere in the city?

Looking for places to eat at for lunch and dinner, not fussy eaters just looking for some good food.

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
140 Reviews
from US$175.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
1,012 Reviews
from US$83.99*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...
1,127 Reviews
from US$57.00*
NYC Empire State Observatory...
2,394 Reviews
from US$37.00*
Level Contributor
14,233 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best eats in the city?

That's a fairly broad request.

Give this a try: http://www.menupages.com

You can search by cuisine, area, etc. Plus you can read reviews.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43,071 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best eats in the city?

Anywhere at all? Out of the 20,000 plus places there are to eat at, there will be plenty of good food but you may want to offer a few more details - location, type, budget -

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,293 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best eats in the city?

I would just read some of the current questions and answers about food already posted on the forum, or get a lot more specific.

Level Contributor
229 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best eats in the city?

I found trip reports (you can search for them on the main page) very useful in really good eating places.

I have lists, on top of lists divided up into categories (11 pages worth) of places people have recommended. A lot of the same ones you will see over & over again. After I made the lists, I went onto Google maps & figured out the locations, so I'd know when I 'd be near them.. Lots of work, but I'll be prepared. I refuse to eat at not great places while we're there.. I have no experience yet, 1st trip next week. But this is my opinion that I can share. :)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
17,249 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best eats in the city?

If you're going to be in Times Square then head OUT of Times Square for some good, cheap eats. Hell's Kitchen is not far, just head west and you'll come to some good eating places.

Here is a list to start. There's a map at the bottom of the page: eatingwithziggy.com/2013/…

Level Contributor
110 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best eats in the city?

Rebheka-I agree with the previous post. I've been stalking Trip Advisor for a couple of months and have made pages and pages of notes from reading trip reports, advice from the experts to questions posted. When I read a restaurant/diner I like the sound of, I google map it and then look at the menu and reviews!

I'm with 'momof4wifeto1'-I hate to think I might waste a good food opportunity. In fact I'm following her question just posted about advice on food carts...

London, Canada
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best eats in the city?

Same with me, I check out menus of places others mention in trip reports and see if in my price range then I map it out so I know where it is, I have way more restaurants then I could possibly ever eat at in 6 days!

New York City, New...
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best eats in the city?

Where are you going to be? What kind of food do you want to eat?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15,205 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best eats in the city?

What is your budget for theses "best" category? You need to be a bit more specific to get the right replies.

Preston, Lancs
Level Contributor
167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best eats in the city?

momof4wifeto1 I'd love to hear your choices and opinions - are you going to do a trip report at all (please)?