We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JFK to 30 East 30th Street between Madison & Park

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
JFK to 30 East 30th Street between Madison & Park

Hi, I cannot decide between taxi or train to hotel

If I decide on air train Could anyone give me precise details of directions and subway names please

Thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JFK to 30 East 30th Street between Madison & Park

To take the Airtrain/subway from JFK, follow signs in the airport for the airtrain and take it to Jamaica station. Then transfer to the E subway line going to Manhattan. After about 30 minutes you will arrive at Lexington Ave/53rd Street station. Get off here and transfer to a downtown (aka Brooklyn Bridge-bound) 6 train. Take that train two stops to 33rd Street. When you reach the street you will be at Park Avenue and 33rd Street. From there it's a short walk to 30th Street and take a right.

Shawn

http://nytourguy.blogspot.com/

http://instagram.com/nytourguy

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JFK to 30 East 30th Street between Madison & Park

The JFK AirTrain is well-marked and easy to find inside the terminal.

Simply take the train marked Jamaica. There are digital displays and audible announcements. Fare control is handled at Jamaica and there are plenty of uniformed people there - friendly and happy to help you. They're there to help.

You can either take the subway or for a few dollars more the fast / frequent / comfortable Long Island Rail Road commuter train to New York Penn. The LIRR is $7.00 (weekdays - less on weekends). It is very fast and takes you into New York Penn where you're a 5 minute walk to the hotel.

Alternatively, yes, you can take the Manhattan bound E train in the direction of World Trade Center (that's the subway). The E train makes a free connection with the downtown 6 local at Lexington Avenue / 53rd (51st Streets) station. Two stops on the downtown 6 train will bring you to 33rd Street / Park Avenue.

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: JFK to 30 East 30th Street between Madison & Park

Firstly - good way to express your hotel/lodging address - congrats!

Secondly, if you are schlepping around luggage - take a taxi - door to door service (esp. if you are unfamiliar w/the transit system and jet-lagged after an overseas flight) my suggestion, others will offer mass transit advice - be smart, comfortable and know exactly where you are headed.

Poppa

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,334 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JFK to 30 East 30th Street between Madison & Park

Put in the date and time you're traveling for options

http://goo.gl/maps/Rtupw

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: JFK to 30 East 30th Street between Madison & Park

Thank you all for your help - probably will do taxi Poppa but wanted alternative details in case lines for taxis are too long

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JFK to 30 East 30th Street between Madison & Park

Personally I think $70. for a taxi is a big / unnecessary waste of a finite holiday / travel budget ... especially when it may actually take longer with traffic but that's the beauty of NYC is that you have lots of options. Everybody can choose what is best for them.

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
11,198 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JFK to 30 East 30th Street between Madison & Park

I think a lot depends on the weather as well as on luggage. If I had to go to 30th between Madison and Park with a rollerbag, I'd either the AirTrain,LIRR and exit at 31st Street & 7th Avenue, or the AirTrain/E/6, and exit at 33rd Street and Park Avenue. But if it were pouring rain or absolutely bitterly cold (or hot) I'd take a taxi.

Of course, lots of other people think the same thing, which is why taxis "disappear" in the rain.

8. Re: JFK to 30 East 30th Street between Madison & Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2015, 06:18