We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aer lingus to jfk

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
33 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Aer lingus to jfk

Hi everyone. I am looking for flights in may and there's one that uses aer lingus from Dublin or Shannon airport. Are they any good? What food service do you get? Do you get your a tv screen in the seat in front? Thanks in advance for your help.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,561 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aer lingus to jfk

I often use them thru Dublin. Food service like any airline, free lunch and soft drinks, paid alcohol. Decent offering on seat back videos. Wifi on board for a fee. Average comfort in terms of seat quality and leg room.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
811 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aer lingus to jfk

Hi,

I am travelling with them to New York on Tuesday this week.i can give you a report when i get back.Last time i travelled to NYC was with KLM and the drinks were free,however it was 2001!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aer lingus to jfk

Hi, we too are flying with Aer Lingus to JFK in a few weeks time so would also be interested in any reports. They were the cheapest we found at the time and believe that it's a big benefit going through customs in Dublin.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
41 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aer lingus to jfk

We have used Aer Lingus for the past 2 years when travelling to New York. We travelled through Dublin and cleared customs there which is a great advantage and saves so much time when you arrive in New York. We then took the air train from JFK and then the train straight into New York Penn Station which was great and so easy to do. We are booked to fly with them again this year and wouldn't fly to New York any other way. Food on board is your normal plane food and they have the tv screens in front to use. Both planes we were on were like new and the staff on board couldn't be more helpful. All in all a great service.

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aer lingus to jfk

I have a choice of flying with United direct from Edinburgh to Newark or indirect with Aer Lingus via Dub and I will ALWAYS choose Aer Lingus now over any other airline.

My view on EI as a company are second to none. Staff are all wonderful, and the pre-clearance is superb. You land as a domestic customer so you do not have to stand in the immigration queue THEN go for luggage. Plus, you land at T5 which is Jet blue terminal, which is new and looks fab!

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Aer lingus to jfk

I have to laugh - wondering about airline food - I'd be more concerned about friendly staff (YES) - on-time performance (YES) - up to date equipment (YES) and clearing customs in Shannon, a real plus.

Free drinks or food - it is all calculated into the price of the ticket.

Have you checked Aer Lingus website for what amenities are available?

Airline food is usually pretty benign - unless you fly 1st class.

I guess you'll just have to live with that.

Have flown AL over 15 times in the last few years......NEVER any problems.

Poppa

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aer lingus to jfk

I completely forgot about the food question.

Chicken and rice or Beef with pasta. That is your 2 options... unless you elect to pay a little extra for a proper dish with wine... this option i would think about.

aerlingus.com/inflight-experience/…

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
33 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aer lingus to jfk

Thank you all for your replies, its helped a lot :)

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
33 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aer lingus to jfk

Just another quickie to clarify. So even though the flight from Dublin to jfk will be less than 8 hours, we will still get a meal and a screen? Thanks again.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
52,897 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aer lingus to jfk

Yes. All the information is on their website.

http://www.aerlingus.com/inflight-experience/

Edited: 06 March 2014, 18:43