We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's up with Broadway Box?

Munster, Indiana
Level Contributor
474 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
What's up with Broadway Box?

Up until March 4th, they had about 20 shows listed for discount. Now all they have is Caberet. Does anyone know if they'll add more discounted shows? I'm trying to get Newsies for March 24th.

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
147 Reviews
from US$175.00*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...
1,169 Reviews
from US$57.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
1,056 Reviews
from US$83.99*
NYC Empire State Observatory...
2,417 Reviews
from US$37.00*
Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
26,136 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What's up with Broadway Box?

They have discounts for lots of shows listed, I'm not suer why you can't see them? They have Newsies through July 6th.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
4,583 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's up with Broadway Box?

Not sure what you're looking at, when I pull up BroadwayBox.com, the homepage has LOTS of discounted shows listed. Here's the link to Newsies http://www.broadwaybox.com/shows/newsies/ for shows Monday-Friday through July 6.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
26,136 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What's up with Broadway Box?

Also? I'd be VERY surprised if there are any real discounts for Cabaret. They dont have a Cabaret discount up, they have a "buy tickets to three shows at Roundabout for only $237," which isn't quite the same thing.

Bergen County, New...
Level Contributor
4,421 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's up with Broadway Box?

I'm a big user of BroadwayBox, but I do think the user interface is new. It gives much more prominent exposure to Ticket Resellers. By that, I mean that it requires a sophisticated reading of the links to discern what the source of the ticket is. A corollary of that is that we are going to have more posts here from new users who feel (rightly or wrongly) that they were "steered" to tickets at higher prices than the official seller for the theater. This might require editing of the FAQ on discount tickets.

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,837 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's up with Broadway Box?

There was a problem with BB and Newsies in particular, we noticed. The Newsies discounts weren't showing on the main page but if you clicked through and tried to actually select dates from ticketmaster or telecharge or whichever handles that show, you'd see it. Same issue on Theatermania, I might add. So I guess they fixed it

Not sure about the other shows but I had noticed a positive dearth of offers for the past few weeks. I assumed that this corresponded to the Broadwayweek discounts which I guess where separate

I really dislike the new BB interface, FWIW

Edited: 03 March 2014, 18:47
Munster, Indiana
Level Contributor
474 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What's up with Broadway Box?

I put the app on my phone and the one's that ended March 4th were listed. But when I try to check for shows now through my phone only Caberet shows up????

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
4,583 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What's up with Broadway Box?

Well, everyone who answered your post is looking at the full website, try that.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
26,136 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: What's up with Broadway Box?

Then the app is having an issue. Use the website.

Munster, Indiana
Level Contributor
474 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What's up with Broadway Box?

All that's left are R ORCH and some Mezzanine. What should I take?

Bergen County, New...
Level Contributor
4,421 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What's up with Broadway Box?

keggero, since they want $82 for those few discounted seats, I would go to Ticketmaster (the original seller of the tickets) and pay $126 for second row side mezz. But that's a personal choice.