We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SMOKING in NYC hotels,help !!!!!.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
SMOKING in NYC hotels,help !!!!!.

I am going away for my birthday 4th July, I need a double room with two double or queen size beds for a five night stay with my mate.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,092 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SMOKING in NYC hotels,help !!!!!.

Are you looking to smoke or are you looking to avoid smoke. Smoking is difficult in NYC as it has adopted laws that protect those who do not want to be made ill by second hand smoke. I do not know if ANY hotels allow smoking. ( and this includes balconies if you find a hotel with a balcony.) Understand if they smell any smoke in the room you will be charged a significant cleaning fee.

If you are looking for a non-smoking environment, that is easy and common in NYC.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,900 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SMOKING in NYC hotels,help !!!!!.

Most hotels are smoke-free, but there are a few that still have smoking rooms.

I don't have a long list in mind, but I know that "Comfort Inn Manhattan" has smoking rooms with two beds and they are usually relatively affordable (a very "budget" property). Note that there are multiple Comfort Inn locations with similar names. . Not all are smoker friendly.

Here's a list - a bit imprecise, but a starting point: tripadvisor.com/HotelsList-New_York_City-Hot…

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,356 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SMOKING in NYC hotels,help !!!!!.

radiocityapartments.com

has smoking and nonsmoking rooms with 2 beds.

Kitano Hotel is nicer and has smoking and nonsmoking rooms.

The Gansevoort and the Gansevoort Park have smoking rooms with 2 beds. There are more. If you want more options post dates and budget and type of hotel you want.

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SMOKING in NYC hotels,help !!!!!.

Ramada inn eastside has smoking rooms

5. Re: SMOKING in NYC hotels,help !!!!!.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 March 2014, 23:05
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
450 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SMOKING in NYC hotels,help !!!!!.

Hotel at Times Square offers 2 double bed / smoking rooms: applecorehotels.com/the-hotel-at-times-squar…

7. Re: SMOKING in NYC hotels,help !!!!!.

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 June 2014, 20:38
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
5,114 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: SMOKING in NYC hotels,help !!!!!.

"Secondhand smoke doesn't make anyone ill"

The CDC disagrees with you:

cdc.gov/tobacco/…index.htm

I for one am extremely happy to have the option of staying in smoke-free hotels - they are always my first choice for accommodations when traveling.

-JimG

Edited: 06 June 2014, 16:25
9. Re: SMOKING in NYC hotels,help !!!!!.

Removed on: 27 June 2014, 20:38
Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: SMOKING in NYC hotels,help !!!!!.

**"Secondhand smoke" doesn't make anyone ill""

It sure does stink up the place.