We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in NYC and going with my daughters

Hialeah Gardens...
Level Contributor
12 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
First time in NYC and going with my daughters

I will be arriving into LGA at 9:30 pm, should I reserved a car pick up for me with airportshuttles.com? is this one a trust company? and also if I arrived late, do they wait for me? or I should just take a taxi and how much should it cost me?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in NYC and going with my daughters

avoid the shared van rides

where are you going exactly?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
166 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in NYC and going with my daughters

Not sure about the reservations on airport shuttle, but we took a cab from LGA to Times Square and it was around $55 including tolls and tips.

Hialeah Gardens...
Level Contributor
12 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in NYC and going with my daughters

I am arriving alone with my daughters at LGA, and I want to be in a safe place by getting a car shuttle not a group shuttle, only getting a car to pick me up for $36 not toll or tip included with airportshuttles.com and for them to take us to the hotel.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time in NYC and going with my daughters

a taxi is safer than a shuttle in my view

your choice

Hialeah Gardens...
Level Contributor
12 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time in NYC and going with my daughters

ok sounds good for me, but with www.airportshuttles.com they have a car only for you, they come and pick us up for $36

Hialeah Gardens...
Level Contributor
12 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time in NYC and going with my daughters

ok I will do that better, thank you taxi for us and also can I tell them to avoid the toll or it does not matter?

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time in NYC and going with my daughters

Where are you going?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,511 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First time in NYC and going with my daughters

I don't know that co. and I would NOT use them.

Dial7.com

Allstatelimo.com

Are well known and pretty reliable. Do NOT pay in advance. They'll ask you to phone them when you're ready to leave the airport and will tell you where to meet the driver. In that way you avoid paying for his parking or any waiting time should the plane be late. If they take too long you cana lways just get in a axi but dont accept a ride from anyone who approaches you (unless it's the service you booked).

Hialeah Gardens...
Level Contributor
12 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First time in NYC and going with my daughters

ok I will take your advise, thank you NYWHIZ

10. Re: First time in NYC and going with my daughters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2015, 05:20