We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Broadway Shows up on the Ticket Ticket Boards

Seattle
Level Contributor
239 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Broadway Shows up on the Ticket Ticket Boards

We are going to be in New York April 7th- 12th. Of course, it is too early to know what shows will be up available through Ticket Booth in Times Square but could someone tell me the shows that have been somewhat consist for eing up on the Board. In addition, perhaps someone could tell me what shows have never or seldom been up on the Ticket Booth at Times Square. Any theatre hints would be greatly appreciated such as drawings. You New Yorkers are the best for advice.

Thanks, Mona

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,032 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Broadway Shows up on the Ticket Ticket Boards

Sorry, this isn't the New York forum.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,745 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
2. Re: Broadway Shows up on the Ticket Ticket Boards

Hi Shulld,

I noticed that you inadvertently posted your question in the TripAdvisor Support Forum, so I have moved the topic on your behalf to the New York City forum. I hope you find the information you need to plan your upcoming travels.

Best regards,

Barbara

TripAdvisor Support Team

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,426 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Broadway Shows up on the Ticket Ticket Boards

tdf/org/tkts

will show you what's been on the boards. More info here

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60763-c1146/New-York…

Wicked, Lion King, Book of Mormon NEVER on discount. I find it's not worth the wait for a musical to use the TKTS booth. If you print out discounts from broadwaybox or playbill or theatermania (or go to the visitors center in Times Square) and take the discounts directly to the theater IN ADVANCE of the day you want to go, you'll get better seats and spend less time.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,426 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Broadway Shows up on the Ticket Ticket Boards

tdf.org/tkts

Seattle
Level Contributor
239 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Broadway Shows up on the Ticket Ticket Boards

Thank you so much for moving it to the proper place. I am sure how this happened but will be more careful next time. Thanks again, Mona

Seattle
Level Contributor
239 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Broadway Shows up on the Ticket Ticket Boards

Thank everyone for offering such great suggestions. They were really helpful and will take your good advice. Mona

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,306 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Broadway Shows up on the Ticket Ticket Boards

'Any theatre hints would be greatly appreciated..."

The problem with NY theater is that there is so much to choose from. If you would like to see what the critics say about any particular show you can check www.didhelikeit.com which has links to all the major critics for each show

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
15,023 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Broadway Shows up on the Ticket Ticket Boards

Here is an article with the 411 on NYC theater tickets:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60763-c1146/New-York…

9. Re: Broadway Shows up on the Ticket Ticket Boards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2015, 05:18