We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel choices!!!!

Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
hotel choices!!!!

I am spending two day next week in NYC. I am interested gramercy park, mondrian soho, mercer etc. I don't mind spending money to some extent and mostly interested with a hotel with a good drink/dinner place. Any thoughts or other suggestions? I am not set on village or meat packing districts.

thank you

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
133 reviews
from US$175.00*
Special Offer
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,101 reviews
from US$199.00*
US$214.00
New York in One Day Guided...
972 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,373 reviews
from US$36.00*
Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
6,429 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel choices!!!!

You requested "other suggestions". Based on your description, you might consider the Greenwich Hotel and restaurant.

Edited: 11 March 2014, 21:01
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,423 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel choices!!!!

There are endless options for hotels with good restaurants and bars. You've given no other info to go on in terms of what you plan to do, your budget, likes etc. The Gramery Park hotel is not in either Soho or the meatpacking district so that's confusing. The Standard in the MPD has good bar(s) and good restaurant and good views.

Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel choices!!!!

Thank you for the responses and I apologize about not being clearer. I am looking to relax yet have fun too meaning good meals/drinks. I like the exclusive establishments like the one in the Gramery Park Hotel or the Standard in MPD as you suggested. I will certainly look at the Greenwich as well. Like you said lots to select so I was hopeful I would receive a specific recommendation for great hotels with exclusive like establishments. I am open to most neighborhoods in the city yet I have never stayed in Soho or Village area. When in NYC for work or pleasure I have always stayed in mid town. Again thanks!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel choices!!!!

Trump Soho

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,146 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel choices!!!!

The Standard is a wonderful suggestion.

A few others which maybe worth considering; Crosby Street Hotel, Sixty Soho, Morgans, and The James.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,423 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel choices!!!!

It's 60 Thompson which is not getting very good reviews lately. Crosby St. and the James are good ideas as is Trump Soho and the Greenwich.

Tablethotels.com

specializes in boutique hotels and

Oyster.com

has lots of photos.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,423 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel choices!!!!

I'm wrong. They've changed the name to 60 Soho which may be why the poor reveiwws...new management perhaps.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,146 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel choices!!!!

I absolutely agree that it is perhaps new management.

It's quite astounding in the industry, how the physical product may not have changed significantly - albeit collateral/brand/signage changes (where applicable) - but how staff and management change can completely alter the feel of a property. I think this is magnified further with boutique properties, where ambience/feel is so much more a factor in ones selection.

Edited: 13 March 2014, 09:07
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hotel choices!!!!

Thanks all for the suggestions. Looks like I am staying at the standard in the village. And plan B is gram park hotel possibly because of work. So can't go wrong with either I suppose. Again thank you

10. Re: hotel choices!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 05:27